Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 06:51 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
Now you want another set of these, Alex? Getting greedy? Trying to corner the market?
Haha, gotta find number five if I can. But, an extra set wouldn't hurt

Old 07-29-2022, 08:15 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 185 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshD
2001 LE model. it has 117,326 miles on it. apparently has a unique interior according to the Facebook people.
That is called the "Adventure" edition and was only available in 2001 (I believe).

Old 07-29-2022, 08:23 AM
Mudding
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Haha, gotta find number five if I can. But, an extra set wouldn't hurt
You know, I haven't removed the spare tire cover to see if it matches. I will do that when I get home. Yesterday I was able to find a wrecking yard with a 2000 model. I got both blinker housings and was able to cut the wiring harnesses out for each. I also found an airbox lid as mine had a broken latch, a LH side bumper filler panel, and a matching colored cargo cover. All for about 20 bucks. Score. I repaired all those items along with re-welding the cat-shield, got license plates and registration from the DMV and my daughter drove us around the neighborhood. She doesn't like the attention but I caught her smiling ear to ear.
Now on to tackling the 3 amigos. I need to get a fancy scanner from Amazon first. thinking the icarsoft. Any other suggestions in the same price range? Also, what lights do you think will fit the holes of this bumper? Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
whowa004 (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 11:52 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 820 Likes on 538 Posts

If they fit, baja design or diode dynamic SAE rated fogs

Old 07-29-2022, 03:42 PM
Mudding
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Default First long drive after LS swap

Drove about 100 miles away to register the beast to our Idaho house. A little rumble like a u joint or the poly driveshaft deal, but otherwise it was great. It needs bigger tires to pull less rpm at speed though. It has the torque, but you can tell it wants another gear after 4th. The fusion dual fam setup seems to work pretty well. One fan is tied to the gm pcm and the other is on the circuit for the seized condenser fan. I made some quick brackets to get the fan mounted because my truck got hit by a tree and I'm not sure what's going to happen insurance wise to fix it. Figured the Disco needs to be driveable asap.

The following 2 users liked this post by Karmakannon:
Mntnceguy (07-29-2022), wjsj69 (07-29-2022)
Old 07-29-2022, 06:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Removed the roof bars on my 2004. Counicdently, the holes in the roof are the same size as the windshield cowl trim holes. Time to order 4 plugs.

Last edited by MSGGrunt; 07-29-2022 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-29-2022, 08:48 PM
Mudding
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

You know, I haven't removed the spare tire cover to see if it matches. I will do that when I get home. Yesterday I was able to find a wrecking yard with a 2000 model. I got both blinker housings and was able to cut the wiring harnesses out for each. I also found an airbox lid as mine had a broken latch, a LH side bumper filler panel, and a matching colored cargo cover. All for about 20 bucks. Score. I repaired all those items along with re-welding the cat-shield, got license plates and registration from the DMV and my daughter drove us around the neighborhood. She doesn't like the attention but I caught her smiling ear to ear.
Now on to tackling the 3 amigos. I need to get a fancy scanner from Amazon first. thinking the icarsoft. Any other suggestions in the same price range? Also, what lights do you think will fit the holes of this bumper? Thanks.
Turns out the spare wheel does match albeit really dirty. Also, anyone have a source for Land Rover wheel emblems? Seems all I can find are emblems for the front and rear grill and tailgate.

Old 07-30-2022, 12:55 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,177 Likes on 814 Posts

@MSGGrunt Seal those roof bar holes really well or you will have a wet interior 1st time you get water on the roof.

The following users liked this post:
aemnky606 (08-05-2022)
Old 07-30-2022, 04:04 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 971 Likes on 646 Posts

Turns out the spare wheel does match albeit really dirty. Also, anyone have a source for Land Rover wheel emblems? Seems all I can find are emblems for the front and rear grill and tailgate.

eBay. Search "land Rover center caps" and you'll get a bunch of results.

Old 07-30-2022, 08:56 PM
Mudding
Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts

It has taken me awhile, but I did what I'd consider to be a fairly thorough engine service. My new-ish to me, 159k mile D2 had a quite a few oil leaks, and a couple intermittent coolant leaks, so instead of waiting for it to overheat or leave me stranded, I did "All the things" as preventative maintenance...or maybe OCD, but whatever, lol.

Head gaskets - Elring gaskets with ARP head studs
Timing cover
Timing chain and sprockets
Oil pump
Speedi-sleeve on the Harmonic Balancer
Water pump - FlowKooler high flow
All coolant hoses replaced
Oil pan gasket
Rear main Cruciform seals
Ignition coils, Double Platinum Spark plugs, NGK Wires
Crank Position Sensor, with silicone heat reflective spray on CPS cover
Bosch 150 amp Alternator
ACDelco AGM group 65 battery
New split loom on all engine bay wiring
All other needed gaskets to do the job (Valve covers, Intake gaskets, o-rings, etc.)
Did a few other things while in there, but I forget what they are...

Engine looked pretty good internally, bearings all looked great. Had more dirt and crud in the oil pan than I wanted to see, but no metal. Cylinders still had good crosshatching, and the lifters and cam lobes looked great for a 159k mile engine. The timing chain and gears were a little worn, so was the oil pump gear and timing cover, definitely worth replacing them. Seems to run much quieter and smoother now, so that's nice

Also managed to score some new KYB adjustable shocks and a new steering stabilizer for cheap on FB. Thing rides much better now, lol

The following 2 users liked this post by Mntnceguy:
JoshD (07-30-2022), T-rex (08-01-2022)

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?