General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2006 LR3 V6 Suspension lowered, HDC Fault System not available, transmission fault

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 11:32 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 06-24-2019, 11:39 AM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question update

Now the suspension light is solid red..when i start the truck used to be red then turn quickly to amber...
big F is displayed next to the shift indicator... reminded me my math grade
still need help... i love her even more, simply because she is becoming hard to please

Old 06-25-2019, 12:18 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. I ordered a break switch and new bulbs because they where cheap enough. Oddly enough I noticed last night taking the car for another drive that the odometer is no longer working. Not recording milage nor speed. This did all happen after replacing rear upper control arms. Any thoughts?

TY

Old 06-25-2019, 01:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Sometimes the strange displays and behaviour are related to the RF suppression capacitor (transmission solenoids generate radio frequency noise) failing, it is located beside the transmission shifter under the vehicle and is part # LR020488, there is another ignition coil RF suppression capacitor on the passenger side top of engine under the engine cover, part # LR004160 which also can cause very strange problems if it is failing. The one under the vehicle (LR020488) apparently can be unplugged and vehicle driven, but the top one I don't know about, have not been able to locate it on my 4.0L Ford Cologne engine. Hope this helps a bit, DON'T go under the vehicle without proper jack stands in place!

Old 02-26-2022, 06:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If anyone can't figure it out.

Originally Posted by Arth111
I got similar problem and need help!!! I am on my way home and don't know if it is safe to drive and also am afraid to turn the car off to make a stop. I have still more than 50 milles to drive. While Driving, I suddenly got dashboard message of suspension lowered, HDC fault system not available, transmission fault and orange brake light. No lights are flashing. When I push the suspension button it makes sound but don't change anything and there is no light on the button. car remains in lower position. Car drives normally and nothing funny is going on, except these symbols. SO, I don't know if it is safe to drive? Today is Sunday and everything is closed. I noticed a while ago that back brake light was not working, so I replaced the bulb because I thought it was burned. But it keeps not working. Sometimes it works though when I push the break. Also, couple days ago something strange has happened. While starting to drive, I tried to accelerate and pushed gas, but the car didn't want to accelerate. It was getting high 5000 r/min and didn't want to accelerate, so I switched to manual and went to 3 M/S. it helped and the car started driving regularly and symptom went away, but I am just thinking considering what has happened today, that it was maybe a start to something else. Please help me! What to do? Drive or rather call towing? Again, car is driving fine at least for now, but these working lights are scary! Thanks!
For anyone who can't figure this out, I found another solution. Hook up your computer and do a steering wheel alignment.
for some reason when you take out battery with the wheel not straight, you have to realign the steering wheel. This was driving me insane. And when I did it I felt stupid lol.
I did the quick alignment when you turn to wheel right then left. But it needed the computer alignment. Hopefully this helps others who can't figure it out.
I'm in NJ if someone needs a computer $100 (depending on distance)