LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On board air compressor LR3

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014 | 01:51 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by unseenone
If you are putting on an ARB bumper and winch, I suspect it would support the winch with the compressor... did I miss something.
the ARB bumper for the LR3/4 may provide enough room for the Powerplant you speak of, but (in my opinion) that is only because WARN offers a new 9.5 size. The original size (perhaps 12?) was far too big for the bumper and unnecessarily WAY oversize for an LR3/4.

Here is a link.
Warn Industries - Jeep, Truck & SUV Winches: PowerPlant 9.5

The attached thumbnail shows the ARB Application Guide for LR3/4 and it says that 9500lb winches fit. Does that include the Powerplant's larger dimensions? perhaps more research is necessary.

Attached Thumbnails On board air compressor LR3-arb-application-guide.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014 | 08:17 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by EAS
Much appreciated suggestions!

I worry about recharging the tank in rural Mexico.
Any dive shop can refill these

Old 02-14-2014 | 11:19 AM
EAS
|
4wd Low

Originally Posted by spiderman
the ARB bumper for the LR3/4 may provide enough room for the Powerplant you speak of, but (in my opinion) that is only because WARN offers a new 9.5 size. The original size (perhaps 12?) was far too big for the bumper and unnecessarily WAY oversize for an LR3/4.

Here is a link.
Warn Industries - Jeep, Truck & SUV Winches: PowerPlant 9.5

The attached thumbnail shows the ARB Application Guide for LR3/4 and it says that 9500lb winches fit. Does that include the Powerplant's larger dimensions? perhaps more research is necessary.
This was the first off-the-shelf solution I explored. I checked with ARB and they said there is no way to fit the Warn winch/compressor combination. ARB said the bumper could not even be modified for the larger winch/compressor units.

I expect to install the ARB LR3 bump bar, LED lights, and Warn winch, but the compressor has to be a separate installation.

Originally Posted by jerdog53
Any dive shop can refill these
Yes, but I figured that gas stations were more numerous than dive shops in Mexico, so the compressor edged out the CO2 tank.

Old 02-14-2014 | 10:12 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by EAS
This was the first off-the-shelf solution I explored. I checked with ARB and they said there is no way to fit the Warn winch/compressor combination. ARB said the bumper could not even be modified for the larger winch/compressor units.
Good to know. I would have looked into it myself, but I already own a winch and I plan to install it in a new ARB bumper this summer. I also plan to take a bit of time to design and build my own steel rear bumper. I have looked into some options and the Kaymar doesn't look to be worth shipping from Australia (if they even make it anymore).

Old 02-21-2014 | 05:16 AM
7th Gear
Default retrofit windshield heater

Hello

I want to retrofit my windshield heater but some of the wiring in the battery JB was not present. There are not the wires :

-1- between the two mini fuses (30A) and the screen connecters left and right (passenger side for an RHD) I found the plug.

-2- the wire between the hevac unit and the relay (electric diagram).
behind the hevac unit there is an Brown wire. If I put an voltmeter into this Brown wire en the negative terminal I have 0.5V I switch on the windscreen If I swith off I have 0V. Could you confirm me it is the good Brown wire.

Some one have a detail junction behind the heavac unit there is not the wire

Could you tell me too where is the connect to the Battery Junction box. The central Junction box there too many wires I'm lost.

Thanks before

I hope that my english you will not be sick

Old 02-21-2014 | 05:18 AM
7th Gear

Oups I made a silly things sorry

Old 02-22-2014 | 05:15 AM
EAS
|
4wd Low

Originally Posted by spiderman
Good to know. I would have looked into it myself, but I already own a winch and I plan to install it in a new ARB bumper this summer. I also plan to take a bit of time to design and build my own steel rear bumper. I have looked into some options and the Kaymar doesn't look to be worth shipping from Australia (if they even make it anymore).
Ahhh... a rear bumper! Can you provide any details or images?

Old 02-24-2014 | 01:47 AM
EAS
|
4wd Low
Default Found it!

Originally Posted by EAS
Ahhh... a rear bumper! Can you provide any details or images?
http://www.kaymar.com.au/catalogue/Catalogue.pdf

It gets interesting around page 115.

Attached Thumbnails On board air compressor LR3-screen-shot-2014-02-24-12.44.38-am.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014 | 06:40 PM
Mudding

I haven't been keeping up with the forum lately. I'm glad you found the catalogue as I thought you wanted details or images of what I was planning to build. I have not yet come up with any plans, not even a single measurement. I'm sure when the weather gets nicer and the snow disappears there will be a thread about this plan of mine.