Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner Experience and Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Owner Experience and Question

Just picked up the new Discovery Monday afternoon. Car at dealer. Here is our experience so far.

1) Tuesday morning AC doesn't work. (less than 24 hours from the time we picked it up)

2) We bought the car in Dallas since the Austin dealer had a delivery slot much longer than the Dallas dealer. Austin dealer says "oh you didn't buy it here?, we don't have a loner car for you. If you bought it here we could give you a loaner".

3) After they looked at it for 2 hours they have no clue why the AC does not work.

4) "We have a lot of cars ahead of you. We can't work on it any more until Tuesday Weds next week".

So far we have been impressed with the comfort, ride, features, etc. Not impressed with the quality or the service support.

We tracked MPG on the trip down from Dallas which was 100% highway. Drove part of the distance at 70. Part at 75. 70 MPH= 31.6 MPG, 75 MPH=28.6 MPG. That's impressive.

Questions:

1) Has anyone else had the AC die? Maybe we can help LR troubleshoot this?

2) Does the trailer package come with a electric brake controller built in? I can't get an answer from LR.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:19 PM
Drifting
Default Update

I have to say the Dallas LR dealer, Park Place, has gone to the extremes of customer satisfaction. The Austin dealer refused to provide a loaner but Park Place drove a loner down to us. A drive of 3 hours one way. Not that is impressive.

So after 4 days of working on the car, the dealer came to the conclusion it might be the AC Control Module! How amazing. The AC doesn't work and it might be the AC Control Module. Now we wait for 2 more days for a module to be delivered.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:33 AM
Drifting

This saga continues. The Discovery has been sitting at the dealer for 17 days. AC still not fixed. We had use of the car for 4 hours.

Sorry we bought this.

Our first and last LR .

Old 12-20-2017, 03:38 PM
Drifting

To complete the record, after 24 days we got the DiscV back with the AC working. I won't bore you with the daily sagas.

LR North America got involved and helped push things along.