New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

Getting to know my new disco 2 and liking it

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting to know my new disco 2 and liking it

I read good bad and ugly, and think I found a good one. I really looked long and hard for the right truck and although there were many choices I landed on a base model SD disco no sun roof, no air susp! (love that), it's an 01' with 115k+ miles on it.

Upon purchasing, it got:

New front prop shaft
new brakes
4 new tires
new plugs
air filter
oil + filter
transmissions and diff service
valve cover gasket
throttle body heater plate seal
and a few new hoses for the cooling system were replaced out of caution

I like the truck and have 105+ miles on it on 7 gallons of gas from the light being on and mixed highway and city, which isn't really that bad in my opinion. Overall, it's a stout little truck with great handling and manners. It fits my liking of quirky but fun to drive euro machine. More or less, I'm pretty happy with it, but I will be keeping my eye on it, because I want it to last for a few good years.

Anything else to think about in terms of services to add before I get to driving it more?

Also I don't know why all the comments about the ergonomics, seat adjustments, and location of cup holders, door handles etc. None of it seems like a problem or even dysfunctional to me in any way, seems like most european cars, weird buttons, and delicate ones at that but usually work for ever if you don't push with them big American fingers! Like mine!

Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome. Take a look at an Ultra Gauge, about $70, can scan and reset codes, plus give live data display on things like coolant temp. A 180F soft spring stat would be a good mod as well.