LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Suspension Compressor Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

Me too. Not really sure what you have, as it says Dunlop.

Yes, it needs the update.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/p-2...ge-rover-sport

Old 03-26-2018, 07:53 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at the images on the ProSpeed site. It's still disappointing that all of this sits below the frame rail!! It will definitely have to be heavy duty; it looks like the first object to take the blow on the left underside of the vehicle.
Funny that they claim it can be used as a 'secure jacking point'. And, as a bonus: "designed with angled skid plate at front to allow vehicle to easily ride up and over objects, and deflect debris" !!!

Old 03-28-2018, 02:33 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
Me too. Not really sure what you have, as it says Dunlop.

Yes, it needs the update.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/p-2...ge-rover-sport

Here is a pic of the Arnott P2807 I am getting ready to install. To me, it does not look like the one above...

Old 03-28-2018, 02:48 PM
Baja
Received 721 Likes on 626 Posts

if you go to the website, they only offer one for LR3, P-2645. The same as I pictured.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...ge-rover-sport

When you receive it, Im betting you will be able to see that the pic I posted is the same.

Here are a few more pics:

Old 08-20-2018, 04:15 PM
8th Gear
Default Dunlop quality ?

Well, it seems my compressor is reaching the end of the line. I have the original Hitachi compressor on my 06 LR3 and have done one compressor dryer repair kit about 2 or 3 years back.
I am now getting the "suspension fault normal height only" message on the dash 100% of the time after starting the car.
I stat the car, compressor kicks on for 12 seconds, then stops when the fault comes on.

Questions:
1) Since the compressor seems to still run (not completely burnt out) do you think another compressor dryer kit will fix my problem or is the compressor pretty much shot at this point? I currently have 146,000 miles on the car.
2) I see Lucky8 selling the Dunlop compressors for $498-have the Dunlops been known to hold up and do a good job or crap out?

Old 08-20-2018, 05:24 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had really good service from my Dunlop compressor and it fits beneath the protective cover...

The following users liked this post:
Pfeffer (08-20-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 05:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Before replacing it I would spray some soapy water on it to look for leaks. After rebuilding mine I found the end cap had cracked between the ports. Some research showed this is a very common fault area. The plastic is thinner and a hairline crack develops. You can by an aluminum end cap for $20. Check my profile for my writeup on rebuilding mine for more info.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:52 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got my AMK kit from Lucky8, good deal, great product, installed myself, programmed with IID tool. Done. Check for leaks from reat of system.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:28 PM
8th Gear
Default Dunlop compressor

Went ahead and got the Dunlop from lucky8. Easy enough replacement and didn't want to mess with reprogramming and protrusion of the AMK.
Everything works good and it solved my problems. They also sent me a couple new relays and it definitely beats the price of the Dunlop on AtlanticBritish AtlanticBritish compressor ($500 vs. $700)

I had purchased the metal cover to the dryer assembly when I put new beads in the dryer so there was def no leak on that cap. I honestly think it just needed another dryer overhaul. dryer overhaul kit
I cleaned up the old compressor, emptied the absorbent beads and did a quick inspection. Everything looked in pretty good shape.
If anyone is looking for a parts compressor or one that may be working fine with another $60 overhaul kit shoot me a message and maybe we can work something out.
Find attached pics of the one I just pulled off the rover. I believe it is the original compressor. I bought the car at 70,000 miles in great condition and it was probably owned by city driver. I have put most of the use on it since and just replaced at 146,000

Attached Thumbnails New Suspension Compressor Question-img_7670.jpg   New Suspension Compressor Question-img_7671.jpg  
Old 05-14-2019, 01:51 AM
1st Gear
Default hitachi change with AMK

hello i have a range rover sport 2007 and yesterday i change the compressor hitachi with amk but i dont know if i have the new update of suspension done.. also yesterday i got a suspension fault with the new amk that was saying the compressor is hot and to wait few minutes to get in normal functionality. this morning when i start engine the first think was suspension fault but after restart the message was gone
all i want to know is those errors are because i dont have the new suspension update?? and is possible to have the new update already in the car from last year when i did the kit repair for hitachi the mechanic told he also put the new version of suspension but that could be from hitachi or for the AMK?? now when i finally change the hitachi i still have some errors that i dont know if is from missing the new update.