2020 Defender Talk about the new 2020 Land Rover Defender
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V8 Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 09:13 AM
Winching
Received 161 Likes on 114 Posts

there is. the v8 muffler has butterfly valves and putting the car in Dynamic changes throttle, ignition and opens the valves

i believe it also stiffens the suspension

Originally Posted by EMV007
Is there a Dynamic mode that makes it louder?
I had that option on my F-Type

Old 01-20-2022, 11:43 AM
Winching

had some free time yesterday to start parting out my p400 and moving some parts to the v8

So far

Front windows tinted 25% ceramic to match rear windows

Proud Rhino 1 inch lift

Black Rhino Chase 20 x 8.5 et 10

BFG K02 275/55/20

have the oem roof rails sitting in a box at home. weekend project. Hoping that my assumption that all Defenders chassis are the same and i shouldn’t have any issues adding the rails

quick parking lot pic in its current state. sitting at normal height with the 1 inch lift

The following 4 users liked this post by Ehloo:
James D. Robinson (01-24-2022), Lnberger (11-02-2022), user 729788 (01-20-2022), Waterloo (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 12:12 PM
Mudding
Received 84 Likes on 50 Posts

matching the ceramic tint front to back really completes the look. this is a sick ride.

Old 01-20-2022, 12:59 PM
Winching

thanks man. i love to tinker and modify. this is just the beginning.

got side steps and classic mud flaps on order. Kids really need the step to get in the car

really close on pulling the trigger on the milltek exhaust system. i could prob achieve a similar sound with just removing the resonators on the stock system but the stock tips are pretty ugly.

Originally Posted by MacMia
matching the ceramic tint front to back really completes the look. this is a sick ride.

The following users liked this post:
DenderYall (07-18-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 01:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Ehloo you are my hero! I have been thinking about doing everything you have done (tint, 1" lift, K02s and roof rails) but have been a little nervous. So far what are your driving impressions with the lift and new tires? Do you mind posting a shot from the front and/or rear that shows the offset of the wheels? I was also thinking of doing 20 or 25mm spacers. And then last question (for now), I don't suppose you live in a climate where you get much snow? Wondering what the K02s are like running year-round. I'm outside of Toronto and thinking of running them all year. I have friends and neighbours that run them on their Jeeps and are quite happy with winter performance.

The truck look great by the way. I am hoping to hear from my SA if my 110 V8 was built on schedule last Friday (Jan 14) for delivery early March. Not holding my breath....

Thanks

Old 01-20-2022, 03:15 PM
Winching

i had the same lift and wheel settup on my p400. the suspension does feel a little stiffer on the v8 but that might be my imagination. Overall it feels more planted. more sidewall compared to the 22’s that came with the car makes the ride somewhat balance out. the K02 are hard tires so you feel some of that. you will pick up road noise and a little humming. nothing crazy but compared to street tires there is a difference

i don’t get any snow where i am located but do travel to the mountains in the winter. the K02 is more for cosmetics but i do appreciate the ability to drive in any weather condition and not worry. we had some heavy storms last month and the defender and wheel combo handled like a champ

i took my p400 to an off road park on Monday. first time doing something like it and as expected both Defender and tires were awesome. i did create some damage with lots of small scratches from twigs etc and don’t see myself going out in the defender unless i wrap the whole car

below is pics of the fitment. Front poked a little and rear is spot on with the fender. I will be adding the extended fender flares and from my p400 the wheels line up perfectly

do remember when dealing with offset your wheel width has a major impact. My Wheels are only a 8.5 width which is pretty narrow but allows that 10 offset. that’s normally very aggressive.

i ran the 1 inch lift just to clear some running. even with the lift i get a little rub in access mode and full lock. not enough to be concerned

Originally Posted by Waterloo
Ehloo you are my hero! I have been thinking about doing everything you have done (tint, 1" lift, K02s and roof rails) but have been a little nervous. So far what are your driving impressions with the lift and new tires? Do you mind posting a shot from the front and/or rear that shows the offset of the wheels? I was also thinking of doing 20 or 25mm spacers. And then last question (for now), I don't suppose you live in a climate where you get much snow? Wondering what the K02s are like running year-round. I'm outside of Toronto and thinking of running them all year. I have friends and neighbours that run them on their Jeeps and are quite happy with winter performance.

The truck look great by the way. I am hoping to hear from my SA if my 110 V8 was built on schedule last Friday (Jan 14) for delivery early March. Not holding my breath....

Thanks

Old 01-20-2022, 03:26 PM
Three Wheeling

Thank you for the pictures and the reply. The offset looks great. I ordered mine with the 20" wheels and "off-road" tires so the 8.5" width is the same as yours. I may do 25mm at the rear and 20mm at the front. I have at least two months to over think this!

I didn't realize how small the Defender is. It seems to fit nicely in a compact parking spot!

Old 01-20-2022, 03:43 PM
Winching

it’s a tight fit in a compact. normally wouldn’t try to squeeze into a compact but i am at work and the parking lot is empty

Originally Posted by Waterloo
Thank you for the pictures and the reply. The offset looks great. I ordered mine with the 20" wheels and "off-road" tires so the 8.5" width is the same as yours. I may do 25mm at the rear and 20mm at the front. I have at least two months to over think this!

I didn't realize how small the Defender is. It seems to fit nicely in a compact parking spot!

Old 01-20-2022, 08:17 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Ehloo
it’s a tight fit in a compact. normally wouldn’t try to squeeze into a compact but i am at work and the parking lot is empty
Sorry, I was 100% kidding.

I just got word that my truck was built on the 19th! Now I can finally let myself get excited and start ordering a few things.

I guess the next question is how long it takes from the build date to get on a ship.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:16 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You don’t get roof rails from factory and there is no dynamic roof loading as the vehicle gross weight has consumed the design margin thanks to the V8 lump. It’s the same construction however, and easy to retrofit if you watch this video…

Quick Reply: V8 Roll Call