Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

ABS = annoying..yeah

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

You an actually test the sensors with a meter, disconnect the senors' male/female electrical connector, jack up the vehicle, spin the wheel and check the resistance fluctuation in the sensor as it pulses.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
You an actually test the sensors with a meter, disconnect the senors' male/female electrical connector, jack up the vehicle, spin the wheel and check the resistance fluctuation in the sensor as it pulses.
Forget it, man. Reality tv, the religious right and facebook have turned everyone under the age of 35 into softy-soft idiots. No quick fix? Can't be done in 30 seconds? Must not be worthwhile. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts he doesn't even know what kind of meter you are talking about.

BTW I got my new sensors on ebay, they cost $40 for all 4.

I'm gonna post a video of how to get the codes, just to show how simple it is, and I don't even care if anyone actually ever views it, either.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well he said resistance, my guess would be a multimeter set to OHMS?

Old 12-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geek_IM
Forget it, man. Reality tv, the religious right and facebook have turned everyone under the age of 35 into softy-soft idiots.
That is the most ignorant uneducated statement I have ever heard. I don't know who you are or what you do, but I would be willing to bet a lot more than some dollars and doughnuts that there are hundreds of thousands of people under the age of 35 that are more intelligent than you.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:51 PM
TReK
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxermike
That is the most ignorant uneducated statement I have ever heard. I don't know who you are or what you do, but I would be willing to bet a lot more than some dollars and doughnuts that there are hundreds of thousands of people under the age of 35 that are more intelligent than you.
I like donuts...

Old 12-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-bob
I like donuts...
Who doesen't?

Old 12-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by geek_IM
Dude, my post was directed at the numbskulls telling you to rip it out, not you. Luddites suck, learn for goodnessakes, its the only thing that keeps us separate from the apes.

Pins 5 nd 15. Look at the connector, the pin holes are numbered at one end inside the connector. You might have a clear plastic coated paper clip too. Use a bit of wire or sand it off till it is shiny.

If you are unsuccessful, post back and I'll take some pictures to help out.
Uh, he has a 95. No OBD2 port. Maybe it is you who should learn before you speak. Your posts come off as quite harsh and now you look like a complete ***. Either take it down a notch or go to d-web with the d-bags.

Old 12-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Camel Trophy

Ok, I posted this pic somewhere, but here it is again. Pull the highlighted relay only. With the key on, your abs light should be on. Pull this relay, and the light may flash or go out (it may atay on too, but if the relay is in, it will stay on no matter what). Then find the blue ABS port and jumper the pins with the black (pin 5) and black pink (pin 2) wires. This should be with the key in the run position.

Write down the codes!!

The way it works on mine - it will show you a code, then you take out the jumper and wait for it to finish, then cycle the key off, re-insert the jumper and turn it back on. Then you get the next code. It will clear the code each time it is read.

Attached Thumbnails ABS = annoying..yeah-abs-k103.jpg  
Old 12-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Rave on brother...

BY-THE-WAY... if you have RAVE then you have the picture OKD just posted. It is in the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual and is in the component location section. It is a very good idea to learn HOW to use rave and ALL of its features... it has pretty pictures.

Can I get a Krispy Kreme shout out!

Old 12-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Camel Trophy

He has a Mac and can't figure out how to run it. The Rave is windows based...

Already been down that road, but he can't figure it out, so I tried to help.

Normally I am more about teaching someone to fish..

Quick Reply: ABS = annoying..yeah