Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

ABS = annoying..yeah

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default feed him forever...

Right! Sorry, I missed the MAC thing. Caleb, find a way to download rave to a PC and print out the whole thing that relates to your 95. It's about 2000 pages total so double sided printing is a plus. THis may not be possible but it is a suggestion.

In my 38 years I've learned that a 16 year old knows a lot more than a 15 year old and that's about it. HA.

Caleb, If we didn't want to help you out, very simply, we wouldn't. Take all the crap some folks give you with a grain of NaCl. <---- that you should know)...

Old 12-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 12-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Rave as a PDF, works fine on MAC. Fact, Mac's are all I own.

95-96 RAVE PDF
http://www.mediafire.com/?61p9e7nlbve8lx1

40_46_V8 Overhaul
http://www.mediafire.com/?y6uyh22bb8f16e6

35_39_42_V8 Overhaul
http://www.mediafire.com/?cv8w8qgk83vw3ex

Last edited by ngarover; 12-14-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by demonlarry
ha!

Thanks for the laugh (as always)

Old 12-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you remember when you used to ask your teacher, "When am I going to use this in real life?" Well today I can actually say I have, the answer is...sALt

And no, I can see the RAVE and all of it's contents, but apparently it's supposed to be interactive or something. (somebody earlier said that in another thread I believe)

Old 12-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Camel Trophy

Make sure you didn't over look my post. I gave you the procedure to try..

Old 12-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the first 5-6 pages were great and informative till it turned into a 12 year old whiney bitch fest.

This explains a lot and is good info for a new Disco owner like myself. I've noticed since its been snowing my truck stops like crap. Exactly like some others described. Feels like ABS is coming on before even loosing traction.

Definitely going to yank the fuse and see how she drives.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Camel Trophy

I will also add that I went for several years thinking dealer reading was the only option. I had pulled the fuse and lamp because I refused to pay $50 for a dealer reset. I found the blink code, reset the codes, and tapped all of my sensors in.

I have had ABS for several months now and I can stop on a dime with no problems. Better wet handling and I can actually get down sandy loose gravel hills without my brakes locking up or having to get off the brakes to get traction on one tire.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Calebbo-You can buy the RAVE CD off of e-bay, its around $20.
I think that will run on a Mac.
Just so you know the RAVE manual IS the same repair manual the Land Rover dealership uses, so it is highly recommened for the DIY Land Rover owner.
If you get the right CD it covers all years and models and engines and transmissions starting with '94.
My CD covers Defenders, Discos I & II, Freelanders and Range Rovers, and it covers years from '94-'03.

As for the rest...KNOCK IT OFF OR TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!
We are NOT about attacking someone who is looking for help.
Remember when growing up your mother told you "If you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all."?
The same thing applies on this forum.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calebbo
Do you remember when you used to ask your teacher, "When am I going to use this in real life?" Well today I can actually say I have, the answer is...sALt

And no, I can see the RAVE and all of it's contents, but apparently it's supposed to be interactive or something. (somebody earlier said that in another thread I believe)
Man - I HAVE a PC and spent 90 minutes trying to figure out why it was not interactive. Specifically I thought that clicking on bolded text within the .pdf's would take me to the other location.
I think you only get that with the CD.
However, the vehicle selection and shortcuts ARE interactive. But, once you go to your vehicle, then to the Electric troubleshooting portion and back to your vehicle then BACK through it a couple times - you get to know where YOUR schtuff is - and how to navigate back to what is important.

However, once you do? You will have a LOT to chew on!

If you would like more suggestions from a user new to the RAVE - PM me, I am working through it too.

Quick Reply: ABS = annoying..yeah