Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a 4' x 10' sheet of 20G metal to start the floor repair. Spent some time cutting out just about all of the drivers side floor and inner fender.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:40 PM
4wd Low
Default broke down on the trail

the plastic radiator plug blew the top off of it on the trail. found a self threading-ish looking bolt on the firewall. Cut a gasket out of the leather flap on my tool kit. used a water bottle cap as a backing washer and made it back to camp without losing another drop of coolant. Found the top of the plug down in the battery box, so back at camp I got the threaded part out, drilled through the center of it and bolted the plug back together with the help of a bit of high temp rtv. Then drove home 250 miles with no more leaks . Hope the pic attachment works

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-wp_20130709_008.jpg  
Old 07-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bob&tina
the plastic radiator plug blew the top off of it on the trail. found a self threading-ish looking bolt on the firewall. Cut a gasket out of the leather flap on my tool kit. used a water bottle cap as a backing washer and made it back to camp without losing another drop of coolant. Found the top of the plug down in the battery box, so back at camp I got the threaded part out, drilled through the center of it and bolted the plug back together with the help of a bit of high temp rtv. Then drove home 250 miles with no more leaks . Hope the pic attachment works
Nice! McGyver at it finest

Old 07-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Mudding
Thumbs up

You are the perfect example of a Landrover owner.
Well Done !!!!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Mudding
Thumbs down Speedo Transducer

I wrecked my speedo transducer
Opened it successfully as described in the excellent tech report.
Replaced nylon washers and cleaned it out.
It span like a dream.
On testing on the Ohm meter it shows a reading 1203/4/5.
BUT: nothing, Zero reading. when it is spunned?
Put it on the hand drill= Zero
Put it on the vehicle =Zero
Then mr wise guy re-opened it and start digging out the filling in the electrical compartment and heard something breaking.
There happens to be a glass covered "thingy magingy" in there which I broke.
Tried to order another one from South Africa and the only response I had so far is: What is a Speedo Transducer?
So... it is a 90 day order frm the UK @ trice the price
(I could not find the correct resistor size or "thingy" anywhere)

Old 07-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's awesome! I'm sure Brett (fisheh) is proud! He loves McGyver ****! Even used a 4x4 for a bump stop trail repair iirc.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Post of the yr

Old 07-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Drifting

Flush and change the power steering fluid adding one bottle of additive
Change Oil
Change Oil Filter
Flush Radiator & Engine / Change Coolant
Change T-stat & gasket

Old 07-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Drifting

New brake pads, rotors, and tires.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:20 PM
5th Gear

I went to OSH, got some screws and attached the power window button plate in the console. it was barely hanging in there since I got the truck. Oh, and replaced the front propshaft. Man that propshaft nut tool from Atlantic British really helped out a lot!

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?