Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calebbo
Installed a super 40 series muffler. 2.5" in and out. Then I found out I have an exhaust manifold leak. Awesome. Any headers you guys recommend or is it just toddco all the way?
Hedman makes some. Pretty sure Brett (fishEH) has them

Old 03-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can I maintain my stock exhaust? Well it's not exactly stock. I cut out the muffler and replaced with a flowmaster 40 series and cut off the resonator.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Pro Wrench

Can I maintain my stock exhaust? Well it's not exactly stock. I cut out the muffler and replaced with a flowmaster 40 series and cut off the resonator.
I don't think any headers work without a modified you pipe

Old 03-06-2014, 07:52 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

I have the Hedman headers and the exhaust is all custom. I don't think it would be possible to make them work with a stock exhaust.
There really probably isn't much to gain with them, but my truck sounds badass.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Pro Wrench

Holy crap that's loud hahaha. Idk if I want mine to be that loud. It sounds good, but I like how mine has a nice rumble but it's not an eye turner. I may just order some stock exhaust manifolds. They are all around the same price. Is there any benefit to getting the hedmann or toddco headers? I mean like since there is no noticeable gain are they at least stronger and less prone to cracking? EDIT: I think it may be a head gasket now that I've been watching some videos. It sounds like an exhaust manifold leak but from what I have read and seen on videos it's a sound coming from the passenger side of the engine bay. I guess I'm going to do a compression test then get a block tester.

Last edited by calebbo; 03-06-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Paid for new Rock Sliders!!!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Holy crap that's loud hahaha. Idk if I want mine to be that loud. It sounds good, but I like how mine has a nice rumble but it's not an eye turner. I may just order some stock exhaust manifolds. They are all around the same price. Is there any benefit to getting the hedmann or toddco headers? I mean like since there is no noticeable gain are they at least stronger and less prone to cracking? EDIT: I think it may be a head gasket now that I've been watching some videos. It sounds like an exhaust manifold leak but from what I have read and seen on videos it's a sound coming from the passenger side of the engine bay. I guess I'm going to do a compression test then get a block tester.
There's some benefit but IDK that's its worth all the effort if you're not doing other work anyways. I needed a new exhaust anyways and found a guy selling they whole set up. So I got the headers, custom y pipe, high-flow Magna Flow cats, and Borla SS cat-back exhaust for about $300.
Its definitely louder than stock. It doesn't bother me too much, but everbody's comfort level is different. The most I've driven it at one time is about 6 hrs highway. The KM2 tires have a nice drove to them too. I just turn the volume up on the radio.
I was also on the gas pretty good in that video.

Originally Posted by jerdog53
Paid for new Rock Sliders!!!
What did you get?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by fishEH
There's some benefit but IDK that's its worth all the effort if you're not doing other work anyways. I needed a new exhaust anyways and found a guy selling they whole set up. So I got the headers, custom y pipe, high-flow Magna Flow cats, and Borla SS cat-back exhaust for about $300.
Its definitely louder than stock. It doesn't bother me too much, but everbody's comfort level is different. The most I've driven it at one time is about 6 hrs highway. The KM2 tires have a nice drove to them too. I just turn the volume up on the radio.
I was also on the gas pretty good in that video.

What did you get?
I may have to just do my headgaskets. This sucks haha

Old 03-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Pro Wrench

Installed an RTE a-arm spacer (thanks Brett) and adjusted my new links. Stretched the rear end out a little bit!
Name:  IMAG0599_zps0ba84d47.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  96.8 KB
Name:  IMAG0600_zps85881856.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  73.5 KB
Also have pretty much everything I need to upgrade the power steering to a Saginaw P-series pump. I will need to work out a few things and machine some spacers but the main compenents are ready to go.
Name:  IMAG0585_zps94fae34f.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  38.9 KB

Old 03-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts

I kidnapped my disco and got to drive it to work and back. Awful nice driving a heavy sure footed truck down the snow slicked roads for once. I just might steal it again tomorrow!!

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?