Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM R
You talking hydro ram steering Ian?
The pump has the *** to power a hydro ram. I'm not going that far though.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, last Monday my rad blew 2mins from mt.Washington ski resort. I got it towed back to my house and began to read read and read posts. I've got good pics for taking the fan off the water pump, and how gross my rad looked. So today I thought I'd take off the water pump to change out he gasket. Now I'm going to find out how to ensure my water pump is good before I reinstall it. (I'm no pro at mechanics, but u guys rock with all the info posted on this forum) I love my 1997 D1.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Drifting

Fixed the wring for the EGT gauge. It's now working like a charm. Replaced a brake light bulb, and the bulb in the digital dash clock. I tweaked the fuel pump following the directions from this board - Thank you!. The Disco is now MUCH snappier off the line, and has more power throughout the rev range and still no smoke, except for a tiny puff from stand still. I was not able to get the EGTs above 11K after I backed the fuel delivery off just a bit. Hopefully that will be the case with sustained climbs on the mountain highways around here. I'll see what it does to the fuel economy over the next few weeks. I'm was averaging about 27 MPG in the beginning, and that dropped to around 25 with the lift, slightly larger tires and Tactical Rovers front bumper and 10K winch. Now we will see with the adjustments to the fuel pump....

Old 03-09-2014, 05:34 PM
6th Gear

Drained and refilled the Transfer Case and both differentials. While doing so, I noticed a couple of small tears in the rubber driveshaft coupling.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

We got my cb antenna mount fabbed and mounted, ran coax into the tailgate and all hooked up

Old 03-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by clang
Fixed the wring for the EGT gauge. It's now working like a charm. Replaced a brake light bulb, and the bulb in the digital dash clock. I tweaked the fuel pump following the directions from this board - Thank you!. The Disco is now MUCH snappier off the line, and has more power throughout the rev range and still no smoke, except for a tiny puff from stand still. I was not able to get the EGTs above 11K after I backed the fuel delivery off just a bit. Hopefully that will be the case with sustained climbs on the mountain highways around here. I'll see what it does to the fuel economy over the next few weeks. I'm was averaging about 27 MPG in the beginning, and that dropped to around 25 with the lift, slightly larger tires and Tactical Rovers front bumper and 10K winch. Now we will see with the adjustments to the fuel pump....
Where did you find info on tweaking the fuel pump? I never saw that...

Old 03-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by abran
Where did you find info on tweaking the fuel pump? I never saw that...
https://landroverforums.com/forum/en...di-tuning-171/

This is for the 300TDI engine.... There are other instructions on a couple of the other Landy sights with pictures, but the procedures are the same.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM R
We got my cb antenna mount fabbed and mounted, ran coax into the tailgate and all hooked up
Hey Tom, where's you mount your CB in the cab? I've been bouncing around as to where to put mine. All I can come up with is either down by my leg on the console or overhead in front of the sunroof switches.

Last edited by wrongway1; 03-10-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Will post pics in my thread later, we did tie rod end at pit man arm, made/ installed diamond plate cargo door panel, finished wiring cb

Old 03-14-2014, 06:34 AM
Overlanding

Good day. I am trying to determine why the new Ignition Switch sent me from U.K., is different than what I have. What I have is as pictured. The Seller wrote:

" Hi
is your vehicle fitted with the auto shift interlock

Regards

R and C 4x4 ?"

What is Auto shift interlock ? Must have something to do with the Brass Box there as that's what's missing on the new one.

( It is a '95 Discovery 1 Series.)

Attached Thumbnails So what did you do to your Disco today?-ignition-old.jpg  

Last edited by Indanao; 03-14-2014 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Missing Model.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?