Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

What the heck Rover Gods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't understand Danny, working on Claire is a hobby for me haha. Most of my friends are working right now anywho, they don't get of for another 4 hours and my last day at work was last Friday. [They are holding my place though, since it was due to "military leave" hahaha so when I come back in Jan I can have my old job back and get paid better!] I enjoyed my share of the ladies here, small town it's not like Houston where there were options. You either know the girls here or you don't want to haha.

Just got that alternator from the scrap yard. Sent it to the shop and they said it checked out great. So instead of rebuilding like i wanted I guess I just want to waste money and told them to replace the bearings haha.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by calebbo
You don't understand Danny, working on Claire is a hobby for me haha. Most of my friends are working right now anywho, they don't get of for another 4 hours and my last day at work was last Friday. [They are holding my place though, since it was due to "military leave" hahaha so when I come back in Jan I can have my old job back and get paid better!] I enjoyed my share of the ladies here, small town it's not like Houston where there were options. You either know the girls here or you don't want to haha.

Just got that alternator from the scrap yard. Sent it to the shop and they said it checked out great. So instead of rebuilding like i wanted I guess I just want to waste money and told them to replace the bearings haha.

Sounds great! I know you will be excited to get all the work finished on Claire that you can. Enjoy yourself and have fun while you can.

Write me from Boot Camp and let me know how it's going. If you have a free moment that is!

I got some more putters lined up. I got to practice using those impression stamps then I can make one read USMC for you to enjoy upon your return!

Old 05-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gosh, the ones at Autozone are like $200... I guess I'll just wait for trevor to ship me one and do all my stuff when I get back..

So you did get ahold of Trevor then?

I saw one somewhere recently that has a brass impeller, that should hold up better since the brass will not corrode like some of the pics that Savannah Buzz keeps showing us.

I also want to do the fan clutch/water pump on mine and probably go ahead and freshen up the oil pump since it is all right there near each other.

Did you get an impact wrench to do it with?

Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I am getting one from paul though. He has a slightly used one that he said is practically brand new. Trusting him on this one since it's $40 compared to $90 shipped..

EDIT:
Just found out it is metal

Last edited by calebbo; 05-14-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I am getting one from paul though. He has a slightly used one that he said is practically brand new. Trusting him on this one since it's $40 compared to $90 shipped..

EDIT:
Just found out it is metal
sounds like it's a good deal. paul tells it like it is.