Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Blew Part II...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by discomedic4
Nice calendar btw.
Good catch......

Old 08-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default block is out...

Well i got a half a day this morning with no rain so i pulled the block.... I found that whoever rebuilt this truck left out the bellhousing brackets and was missing 4 bolts. Idiot...Anyway, since i had it stripped down to the block, sump and front cover i figured i could pull it without a lift. I felt like a real hillbilly....two surf rack straps and a 4 foot pipe and my 17 and 23 year old kids. My wife and daughter held both sides of the hood so we got a extra 12 inches of clearance. i was lifting from the front crank pully and cover and my kids on the sides. i lifted and then they slipped a pipe threw the middel of the straps and we brought it up on to the front ..used a moving blanket so as not to distroy the front ... and then we brought it down to the driveway.. All i could think of doing it this way is spike , cam and 03discoman laughing there asses off if they where watching me doing it this way...When i looked at British atlantics blocks they say 160 lbs...i think it was a bit more...i will be using a lift to put it in though.... Bought a engine stand and in the morning will find some bolts that fit to the bellhousing and the stand bracket. Will then start tearing it apart and take to machine shop. Just what i want to do on my weekend....

Attached Thumbnails Finally Blew Part II...-short-block.jpg   Finally Blew Part II...-engine-bay.jpg  

Last edited by vandev; 08-14-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default finally fixed

Well, finally got around to fixing the truck. My 06 s40 volvo engine blew so since my truck has been sitting in the driveway for over a year , i got off my *** and got it fixed. My friend rover shop just got a wrecked 4.6 motor with 77k on it so i bought it. They tore the top end down oil pump new gears, chain and resealed entire engine, new raditor, hoses, thermo, wires plugs,etc and she is back on the road. Will be rebuilding my other block thats in the garage and keeping it for a spare. Oh, had the headliner down wile it was in also. wife drives it now to work 24 miles hwy round trip so it should last for a long time. A $100.00 bucks to fill up..what a joke. If i used it for work it would cost me $200.00 a week in gas... Putting a 22k motor in the volvo right now so 38mpg wont take me to the cleaners. A little over $4k so not to much to cry over.

Chapter closed....Chris