Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP--Locking issue, probably superlocking; can't override it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
In order to combat fraud, I am pretty sure that the dealer cannot change the mileage.
It is my understanding that the BECM holds the mileage. If you swap in an ECU or a gauge cluster, without syncing to the BECM the odometer will read the higher of the mileages.
So, I believe you are stuck with the mileage of the swapped in BECM.
What mileage did your vehicle used to have? You can search for a set with the closet to that mileage and switch it out again.
Responded to most of Abran's questions via PM, but here is additional info: Actually, the dealer CAN change mileage, as follows: Using his Testbook, he must record mileage as shown on original speedometer pack, followed by installing new, or second speedo pack., while, still using Testbook, transfer the original mileage to new or second speedo pack. To do this, I am sure that the original speedo pack must be in vehicle, and that he cannot do it with original speedo out of vehicle, but maybe he can? I have no idea if it can be done with something other than Testbook, but I doubt it.

Old 08-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

I never got your PM, but are you saying the mileage in the BECM can be changed, or just the gauge cluster?

If so, yes I know the gauge cluster can be changed, but was not sure about the BECM.

Thanks