Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphobell
It does not fit properly. It is much thicker than the plastic. The paint chips of very easily. It does not come with the rubber seal and almost impossible to use your original seal. The fittings that hold the filter in will not go back on.
Well that sucks! Thanks for the heads-up as I definitely would not have been happy about that.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Oil change... my second one with Rotella 15/40.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by overover02
Broke my Ultragauge today... well, not me but my GF. All I know it was working just fine yesterday. She drove the Disco today and when I got home from work noticed it on the center console with 'spider glass'... looks as though she may have stepped on it or something. All I know is it no longer displays anything. Guess I'll be buying a new one tomorrow... and noticed while out on their site that they have 2 newer, slightly more expensive, models now (as compared to what I bought a few years back). Didn't look into the differences, but will before I order...
They sell just the LCD Replacement for $18.
UltraGauge LCD replacement [LCD - Repair] - $18.00 : UltraGauge, OBD II Scan Tool & Information Center
or you can send it in for repair for just $25.
http://ultra-gauge.com/ZC/index.php?...products_id=11

Last edited by ralphobell; 06-14-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisRoverGuy
Agreed. A great "upgrade."

Been pretty quiet on my end, as of late. Had the brakes and rotors done (only the back needed it). First time my Rover has seen an automotive garage--just didn't have it in me to tackle brakes.

Back gate stopped working. Did the WD-40 fix on it, and am expecting to never have the problem again.

Did my third oil change, again at 3,000 miles. Oil keeps coming out pretty dark. So I'll continue with 3,000 mile oil changes for the foreseeable future. As I said before, I like to think that the Rotella is just cleaning things out.
That's what Rotella did for me. After 3 times it started coming out looking like honey. It is a wonder oil.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by overover02
Where did you get the windshield cowl? Been looking for a good "used" one locally, but not sure that's going to happen... they all seem to be cracked just like mine. Stalked a few on eBay, but hard to spend over $100 on a used one when I can get a new one from Miami British (Monte-rovers on eBay) for $149 shipped (fiberglass one). They also have the plastic one OE one for $199.
I got mine from ebay for 98 dollars. I am lucky--it was pritine (oem). I read that the fiberglass one has mount holes in the wrong position and inconsisten thickness, but I don't know that from experience. The fiberglass one was my second choice.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:04 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Took the rear door panel off the barn door. The latch stopped working. I knew the handle was rusted tight...but wanted to see how things were in the inside. Lubed the handle. Works great.

I replaced the plastic clips that connect to the rods inside that make everything work. They are plastic and plastic from 2001 is wearing out now so anytime something involves plastic parts I tend to change them. Works real nice.

Last edited by shanechevelle; 06-16-2014 at 08:10 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced a/c compressor and recharged system. Clutch assembly melted and the clutch bearing was howling something fierce. It's only Been doing it for about six months. Also replaced the two pulleys and belt.

A few days ago I installed the ultragauge but haven't run the wires or finalized the screens yet. The engine temp hasn't gone above 197 but it hasn't gotten very warm here yet either. I do have the warm weather thermostat.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered my tires and steelies today... they both should be at my doorstep within a week or two. Then when they come in I can go and buy my coilovers

Old 06-17-2014, 03:15 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dane!
Ordered my tires and steelies today... they both should be at my doorstep within a week or two. Then when they come in I can go and buy my coilovers
Yota format steelies, yes?

Old 06-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Wife says the roof rack is making noise.

I gave her a wrench and showed her how to tighten everything.

No further complaints.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?