Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Dusty, how's your thumb?

Hi Dusty, how's the thumb coming along? I bet it's pretty painful what with the cut plus the inevitable bruising. Done similar in the past and lost a lot of sleep with throbbing cuts and bruises. Hope it's getting better.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Meh, just a scratch
Only popped 2 stitches at work yesterday. I fashioned a splint for today.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Tomorrow, vacuum, wash and wax and detailing Bertha, oil change, rust removal from rear passenger window, plasti-dipping the trim, taking a wire brush to trailer hitch and painting that too. Bertha needs a total cosmetic overhaul and pedicure - I hope I can do her justice. Will post before and after photos when I'm done. Happy weekend!!!

Hope you're feeling better Dusty..
I sooo need to do that.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
You are welcome to come and spruce mine up it's well past it's birthday . Free board and lodging with all the food you can eat and all the consumables supplied ................... just jump a plane from the US ............... it's that easy oh, and make it a holiday as well

The old D2 has been cleaned inside out out EVERY year since we owned it but it's one aspect that's a bit neglected ........... my wife never keeps on top of this car cleaning thingy
Oh the things I learn when I clean.. Still in the middle of this spa make-over. Washed and waxed but found FOUR spots of paint issues on poor Bertha - she's becoming thin skinned in her old age Two big stone chips? (about the size of a pinkie fingernail) where her Oslo blue paint is gone and the white underbody (fiberglass?) is showing thru. The other two areas are very minute but are definite corrosion - going to buff out with wax and then see if I can find some blue paint to touch up these spots - any ideas? Do the Rover gods sell it?

Just put the first coat of plasti-dip on the trim around the wheel well (terminology?) (the can states to apply four coats?!) - vacuumed her out too but still have to dust everything down and clean the windows on the inside. Working on the brake dust on the wheels now - talk about grueling!

.. I wonder if my husband will take a gander and drive the vehicle now that she's looking all purdy? I don't know what he has against her but he will not drive her. Oh how I'd love to sit in the passenger seat again....

Ok Offroad, my ticket has been purchased, I'm arriving on Ryan air...

Old 07-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dusty1
I sooo need to do that.

lol.. which one dusty? The pedicure or the make-over

Old 07-26-2014, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Both. Truck could use a good cleansing. I need a shave, definitely a mani, and I haven't had a professional hair cut since about the time my truck was being manufactured.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Tore down my motor. Removed the heads, oil pan and timing cover.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:18 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
.................................................. .................................................. ...Ok Offroad, my ticket has been purchased, I'm arriving on Ryan air...
Great, but don't fly Ryanair just watch this, it's all about them

Old 07-27-2014, 08:40 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Great, but don't fly Ryanair just watch this, it's all about them FASCINATING AIDA - Cheap Flights - YouTube

Que? Are you slipping on me Offroad? That's why I said it...

Old 07-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default shocking..

Originally Posted by dusty1
Both. Truck could use a good cleansing. I need a shave, definitely a mani, and I haven't had a professional hair cut since about the time my truck was being manufactured.

Just when I think I've got you all figured out Bubbles, you go and shock me all over again. I took you as a clean cut, dark haired tall guy who is borderline metrosexual

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-bubbles.jpg  

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?