Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover_Hokie
X2 on the fuel line for the line back to the coolant reservoir from the radiator
Agreed. A great "upgrade."

Been pretty quiet on my end, as of late. Had the brakes and rotors done (only the back needed it). First time my Rover has seen an automotive garage--just didn't have it in me to tackle brakes.

Back gate stopped working. Did the WD-40 fix on it, and am expecting to never have the problem again.

Did my third oil change, again at 3,000 miles. Oil keeps coming out pretty dark. So I'll continue with 3,000 mile oil changes for the foreseeable future. As I said before, I like to think that the Rotella is just cleaning things out.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

- Replaced the rear drivers side hub o-ring
- replaced both upstream 02 sensors
- tightened glass on rear sunroof.

Old 06-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

A good day!

Replaced broken windshield cowl--no more leaves in the air conditioner, causing my carpet to get soaked. WHOOP!

Replaced idler pulleys and tensioner pulley. A little sad here... since 2000 my Disco II has had this cool Starship Enterprise hum that I figured was a bearing. It was. Now I can hear other sounds (eek).

Got my 33x11.5.16 spare tire back where it belongs with the spare tire relocate aluminum doohickey from Rovers North. Wow, why didn't I do that before? I am going to miss the smell of tire inside my Disco II. Sadly I am also missing three lugs but eBay is going to fix that.

Put on a new spare tire cover from ebay that I thought I'd paid too much for. Now, it is so thick and nice I actually feel bad for making a best offer (which the seller took) for 5 bucks less than asking.

I also removed my upper intake, vainly searching for the source of a vacuum leak (thought it might be the plenum gasket... nope).

Best,

Charlie V

Last edited by Charlie_V; 06-13-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
A good day!

Replaced broken windshield cowl--no more leaves in the air conditioner, causing my carpet to get soaked. WHOOP!
Where did you get the windshield cowl? Been looking for a good "used" one locally, but not sure that's going to happen... they all seem to be cracked just like mine. Stalked a few on eBay, but hard to spend over $100 on a used one when I can get a new one from Miami British (Monte-rovers on eBay) for $149 shipped (fiberglass one). They also have the plastic one OE one for $199.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by overover02
Where did you get the windshield cowl? Been looking for a good "used" one locally, but not sure that's going to happen... they all seem to be cracked just like mine. Stalked a few on eBay, but hard to spend over $100 on a used one when I can get a new one from Miami British (Monte-rovers on eBay) for $149 shipped (fiberglass one). They also have the plastic one OE one for $199.
I purchased the fiberglass one from MB and not happy with it at all. Spend the extra $50 and get the plastic one.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Three Wheeling

Broke my Ultragauge today... well, not me but my GF. All I know it was working just fine yesterday. She drove the Disco today and when I got home from work noticed it on the center console with 'spider glass'... looks as though she may have stepped on it or something. All I know is it no longer displays anything. Guess I'll be buying a new one tomorrow... and noticed while out on their site that they have 2 newer, slightly more expensive, models now (as compared to what I bought a few years back). Didn't look into the differences, but will before I order...

Old 06-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by ralphobell
I purchased the fiberglass one from MB and not happy with it at all. Spend the extra $50 and get the plastic one.
Really!? Is it not exactly the same piece as the plastic one, but fiberglass? I was thinking that the fiberglass version would hold up better...?

Old 06-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't even find it on their site. Could you link to the one you bought? Mine is absolutely smashed to hell.

Really!? Is it not exactly the same piece as the plastic one, but fiberglass? I was thinking that the fiberglass version would hold up better...?

Old 06-14-2014, 01:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

It does not fit properly. It is much thicker than the plastic. The paint chips of very easily. It does not come with the rubber seal and almost impossible to use your original seal. The fittings that hold the filter in will not go back on.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:47 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by cmmoyer
I couldn't even find it on their site. Could you link to the one you bought? Mine is absolutely smashed to hell.
Yeah, I actually don't see it on their site either. I used to have one saved in my eBay cart from them and it's no longer there... wonder if they quit selling it? If so, it was just within the last few weeks as I've been only looking for one about that long. If I come across it, I'll let you know but from what ralphobell just mentioned in reply it (fiberglass one for $149) isn't a good fit and not worth it. I can't get myself to spent upwards of $200 on one (as that's the next lowest price I've seen for a "brand-new" one) so going to keep looking for a good used one.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?