Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 04:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

I finally finished wiring up my front foglights on the bumper, just in time for a foggy day!

I like how the factory aux2 switch illuminates like the other stock switches.

The following 3 users liked this post by Robert Booth:
arahim93 (10-03-2015), CollieRover (10-03-2015), hokkabaz (10-15-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced all ujoints and fresh oil change on my d2

Old 10-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Drifting

hey robert does this bumper have recovery points? thanks

Old 10-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by arahim93
hey robert does this bumper have recovery points? thanks
The ARB bumper for the D2 does not have recovery points. Actually I think ARB discontinued recovery points on all their front bumpers that attach to the crush cans.

The Arb is really an overlander bumper, it's designed for mitigating damage from animal strikes etc

The following users liked this post:
arahim93 (10-07-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

The 03-04 ARB front bumper does not include recovery points (as Robert pointed out), however, the 99-02 ARB front bumper DOES include recovery points. I have an 02 and was looking to add the ARB front bumper, so was wondering about this myself.

I just got back from the Overland Expo East (just outside Asheville) and was in a class where the instructor added (ie. welded on) recovery points to his ARB front bumper (he has a newer Toyota Tacoma). He was using his vehicle in a winching demo.

Whether or not you must install the ARB front bumper with the included crush cans, I'm just not sure. Surely it's advisable and I plan on doing so.

btw: Robert, your truck looks awesome. Looking forward to finally getting a front bumper back on mine. I sold the plastic cover months ago while it still had some value (you know, before I did something to crack it).

The following users liked this post:
arahim93 (10-07-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 07:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cleaned & repaired rear axle seal and relocated washer bottle

Have been meaning to relocate my washer bottle since I got my Tactical Rover bumpers on... finally got around to it. Not too hard, bit time consuming. Now have to figure out why only one nozzle works Almost there

Rear axle seal was leaking, repaired it last month... only to have the leak come back Pulled the hub and looked at the rubber seal - all torn to shreds. Not sure why, but rotated cleaned and put back together until I can get a new seal. Anyone else have any issues with the rear axle seal?? Suggestions on how to get the seal in place with out damaging it.

Hope to get some advice on the rear axle seal...

Cheers!!

Old 10-05-2015, 10:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by overover02
The 03-04 ARB front bumper does not include recovery points (as Robert pointed out), however, the 99-02 ARB front bumper DOES include recovery points. I have an 02 and was looking to add the ARB front bumper, so was wondering about this myself.

I just got back from the Overland Expo East (just outside Asheville) and was in a class where the instructor added (ie. welded on) recovery points to his ARB front bumper (he has a newer Toyota Tacoma). He was using his vehicle in a winching demo.

Whether or not you must install the ARB front bumper with the included crush cans, I'm just not sure. Surely it's advisable and I plan on doing so.

btw: Robert, your truck looks awesome. Looking forward to finally getting a front bumper back on mine. I sold the plastic cover months ago while it still had some value (you know, before I did something to crack it).
I think ARB went through a policy change at some point with regards to crush cans and hence recovery points because the removal of recovery shackles was consistent across the ARB range.

I guess once I finally get around to installing my winch, it'll be a moot point as i'll self recover from the front or get pulled out backwards using the shackles on the rear bumper

Old 10-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Few days ago I broke the little outlet which is located on the upper driver side of the radiator which takes the extra water into the white tank on the passanger side, while changing engine oil (I dropped a tool on it!) ! So I Put one layer of Jb weld, one layer of fiberglass sheet, and repeated it for about 5 layers (looks super ugly) and I took it to a test drive this morning. So far no leak at all. I am super happy. I connected my obdII bluetooth thing to check the coolant tempreture and it moves around 195-210F even after a long ride with AC on and driving it as harsh as I can!

Old 10-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now I am going back to the other problem I have, freaking door lock!!!! Cant find a solution, and i cant find the post which was explaining how to test the wires for drivers door lock actuator

Old 10-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Drifting

Flushed the brake lines and new shuttle valve, so long 3 amigos!!!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?