Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Met the infamous Paul Grant on a parts run yesterday.... a great guy.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
Dropped bumper from stands onto my thumb while on creeper
Ouch!!!! Did the neighbors call the cops when they heard a girl screaming?
I bet it takes 10 stitches. Any takers? Knowing dusty, it'll take 1 bottle of super glue.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
Dropped bumper from stands onto my thumb while on creeper
**** Dusty, not nice , get it sewn up quick.

Still you're a Tex, hack it off and carry on regardless.

Bet you weren't wearing gloves either bad boy

Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Good thing neighbors weren't around..... I think my phrase of choice was offensive to any and all living creatures. 12 stitches, unless you count the vessel closures. made it to 630 t ball awards for the girls, though.
I dunno how to do the vessel close stuff, looked like he was jabbing stuff in there. but I have an assortment of stitches for diy stuff. wife passed out on day when she saw me sewing up the arm.

now that I think of it, I have several packs of quick clot. that prolly would have worked

Last edited by dusty1; 07-24-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:08 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, Dusty, you really deserve to own a Rover. It fits your DIY style.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

I was reading about ignition switch failures yesterday. Thought I would be prepared, mine gets hung up some times.
I get in the truck last night and it wont start. Of course I caused that by reading about a repair that I may have to do. Luckily it turned out to be a dead battery.

I ordered my preventative lucky8 drive shaft today. not pressing my luck on that one.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Finally got around to ordering conversion kit for front wipers; right turn headlamp to replace the one I cracked on a telephone booth in a fit of passive aggressive behavior; ordered another Land Rover logo center cap for wheel as mine was lifted or lost, don't know which. TEMPTED to purchase power steering pump but that would mean I'd have to replace it and am still trying to gather up the gumption to do it

Had a nice conversation with someone at Rover's North today and made an *** of myself (haha).. spread the cheer and also ordered from Lucky 8 as well as checking out Paul Grant's listings but I don't think he had what I needed today. Ordered the cap from god knows who on ebay but at least it has been ordered.

Tomorrow, vacuum, wash and wax and detailing Bertha, oil change, rust removal from rear passenger window, plasti-dipping the trim, taking a wire brush to trailer hitch and painting that too. Bertha needs a total cosmetic overhaul and pedicure - I hope I can do her justice. Will post before and after photos when I'm done. Happy weekend!!!

Hope you're feeling better Dusty..

Last edited by KernowDiscovery; 07-25-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Tomorrow, vacuum, wash and wax and detailing Bertha, oil change, rust removal from rear passenger window, plasti-dipping the trim, taking a wire brush to trailer hitch and painting that too. Bertha needs a total cosmetic overhaul and pedicure - I hope I can do her justice. Will post before and after photos when I'm done. Happy weekend!!!
Would love to see some before and after pics! Good luck!

Old 07-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts

Installed a new 4 way coolant passage thingy. Bought at Atlantic British. Of course I broke the hard return line from the throttle body during this. Dammit. Good thing I had some clamps and 3/16'ths hose laying around!

Old 07-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery

........................................... Tomorrow, vacuum, wash and wax and detailing Bertha, oil change, rust removal from rear passenger window, plasti-dipping the trim, taking a wire brush to trailer hitch and painting that too. Bertha needs a total cosmetic overhaul and pedicure - I hope I can do her justice. Will post before and after photos when I'm done. Happy weekend!!!

Hope you're feeling better Dusty..
You are welcome to come and spruce mine up it's well past it's birthday . Free board and lodging with all the food you can eat and all the consumables supplied ................... just jump a plane from the US ............... it's that easy oh, and make it a holiday as well

The old D2 has been cleaned inside out out EVERY year since we owned it but it's one aspect that's a bit neglected ........... my wife never keeps on top of this car cleaning thingy

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?