Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
Meh, just a scratch
Only popped 2 stitches at work yesterday. I fashioned a splint for today.
Paper towels and duck tape my friend are all you need for any injury, unless the bone is sticking out. THEN you might want to go to the doctor.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

well I do have one of those "he-bag" "man-purse" things. I tried to get a manicure once, about 10 years ago. I was rejected with this explanation, "ew, oh, you hand too hurt. me no do mani. you hand hurt."
I think my hands were too big and it would offset the profit, based on the surface area to work time ratio.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

well I do have one of those "he-bag" "man-purse" things. I tried to get a manicure once, about 10 years ago. I was rejected with this explanation, "ew, oh, you hand too hurt. me no do mani. you hand hurt."
I think my hands were too big and it would offset the profit, based on the surface area to work time ratio.
Yeah right like I'm going for a pedicure this week too........... right.

Wife says I need a manicure hmmm, .......... the wife cuts my hair with a #4 for the last 15 years now but I trim my own beard............ too near the throat .

I can see Dusty mincing along the street with a handbag ............ hmmm...........right. Not.

That's for pseudo pop stars in London driving their Chelsea tractors or their hairdressers cars.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Put it up for sale yesterday. I'm going to sorely miss her... I've had a CRAZY amount of calls on it. Priced it at $5800 and I've got 5 buyers. I offered it to the first one that had cash. They are arriving in a little bit. People were actually arguing in the WalMart parking lot yesterday when I parked it because they each wanted it. One guy actually said it was too cheap. Never heard that said before.

I stopped to park and place a sign in the window. Before I got out of the truck, I had three buyers. All three are willing to pay full price!!! Since it was Sunday, I took a deposit, and the rest is history.

For the record, just so others know how they sell around here (Placerville, CA - Sacramento, CA):

It's a 2003 DII S. It is Exceptionally Clean! Has 107107 miles on it. No rips, tears, or wear on interior, except for the brake lever boot. Exterior has a single door ding, otherwise, straight and shinny. Never had any body work done to it that I'm able to find. Just put new tires on it and sealed two power steering leaks, no other leaks at all. New front driveline. Did the cooling system upgrades (180 Thermo and Green Coolant). Never gets hot, checked with UltraGauge. It appears it was garaged it's whole life before meeting me. I've got it outside under trees.

I paid a little over $6000 from a dealer almost 2 years ago w 93k miles. I looked at dozens for a few months before deciding on this one.

Here is the Craigslist Ad: 2003 Land Rover Discovery II - Exceptionally Clean!

Last edited by SuperSport; 07-28-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Why???

Old 07-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by mbruneaux
Paper towels and duck tape my friend are all you need for any injury, unless the bone is sticking out. THEN you might want to go to the doctor.
My dad taught me this way of fixing things too. He's cut off a few finger tips over the years. "Eh, they will grow back", he says... When he started handing my 3 year old daughter power tools, I had to pull in the reigns a little. She is a very capable carpenter now though.

They other day, I broke my pointing finger on my right hand. I thought I only dislocated it, so I popped it back into place. I have yet to go to the Dr, but I might have to. I've now got a piece of the socket broken off and it hurts pretty bad. It's sharp every time it moves around. At least it was not my Booger Finger. That would have sucked.

I tried to get a manicure once, about 10 years ago. I was rejected with this explanation, "ew, oh, you hand too hurt. me no do mani. you hand hurt."
They would have had to buy an Airless Paint Sprayer. That definitely would have hurt the profit.

Why???
Because my German Shepherd is no longer a Small Puppy, she's a LARGE Puppy. And, her favorite things in the world are: SNOW, MUD, SAND, DOG/CAT POO, and any other really dirty thing she can find to play in. She'd LOVE a dead body!

Not to mention that I've learned Shepherds shed a full Squirrel Each and Every Day!!!

Every time we go to water or mud, it makes my head explode when she jumps in back. I've used blankets, plastic, etc, but my A.D.D won't let me sleep until I shampoo the back again. And since she's a Shepherd, she NEVER runs out of energy, so I am constantly carrying her places.

Yes, I use my LR differently than most. I do like to play in the dirt, but it has to sparkle afterwards.

I'm getting a 4 door pickup so when she's muddy, she's in back.

Likely a Tacoma so I can change oil once a year and not touch anything else. Also, I'll be able to fill up when I leave for a trip, and when I get back, not when I leave, when I eat breakfast, when I eat a snack, when I eat Lunch, when I use the restroom, when I eat another snack, dinner, phone rings, etc... You get the picture...

Last edited by SuperSport; 07-28-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

I see.
I got one for you: five years ago I removed 3 bent surgical pins from my hand. Used an exacto knife and wire pliers.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Pro Wrench

I see.
I got one for you: five years ago I removed 3 bent surgical pins from my hand. Used an exacto knife and wire pliers.
Ok, now that's actually a little bent... No offense... hehe

I pull stitches all the time, but that takes the cake!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:37 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

After years of broken bones, pain, blood and gore circuit racing motorbikes I've done with all the self inflicted 'beat ups' now. I'm ya confirmed wimp now and get patched up sooner. The last big race accident in 1972 put me out of business for 6 months with the first 3 months in hospital initially on traction with.......... a broken pelvis, broken leg, broken ankle, broken wrist, broken finger and major lacerations............that was enough for me...............end of bike racing career. Hit the armco barrier at 100mph+ and then the bike followed and hit me up the jacksie. Done plenty of other damage but that was my 'pièces de résistance' which trancended all up until then. Only had a couple of bad(ish) shunts after that when car racing but nothing too serious...........just a bit of concussion.........no brain found present to damage. Nearly got killed in a plane crash though in the middle east.................but that's another story.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
After years of broken bones, pain, blood and gore circuit racing motorbikes I've done with all the self inflicted 'beat ups' now. I'm ya confirmed wimp now and get patched up sooner. The last big race accident in 1972 put me out of business for 6 months with the first 3 months in hospital initially on traction with.......... a broken pelvis, broken leg, broken ankle, broken wrist, broken finger and major lacerations............that was enough for me...............end of bike racing career. Hit the armco barrier at 100mph+ and then the bike followed and hit me up the jacksie. Done plenty of other damage but that was my 'pièces de résistance' which trancended all up until then. Only had a couple of bad(ish) shunts after that when car racing but nothing too serious...........just a bit of concussion.........no brain found present to damage. Nearly got killed in a plane crash though in the middle east.................but that's another story.
WOW, my online friends live MUCH more exciting lives than I do! Maybe I should get off the keyboard and go outside!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?