Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

I had a big labrador, 84lbs, he shed his coat everywhere like coconut matting during the summer. He'd deviate 30 yards just to run through a deep muddy puddle. He loved water, streams, puddles or the sea. One winters day he ran down a grassy bank and thought it was a ditch but it was a deep stream covered in leaves ............... you should have seen the shock on his face ................ the air temperature was about minus 5-10 and he nearly went under.........I thought I was gonna have to jump in to save him this time..............phew! , he soon scrambled out shivering

Old 07-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
I had a big labrador, 84lbs, he shed his coat everywhere like coconut matting during the summer. He'd deviate 30 yards just to run through a deep muddy puddle. He loved water, streams, puddles or the sea. One winters day he ran down a grassy bank and thought it was a ditch but it was a deep stream covered in leaves ............... you should have seen the shock on his face ................ the air temperature was about minus 5-10 and he nearly went under.........I thought I was gonna have to jump in to save him this time..............phew! , he soon scrambled out shivering
Even your dogs live more exciting lives than I do! Sheesh!!!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by SuperSport
WOW, my online friends live MUCH more exciting lives than I do! Maybe I should get off the keyboard and go outside!
Nah, I was just 'mentally' unstable when I was young and anything for a laugh..........or a win. My antics weren't 'normal' by sensible peoples standards, like Barry Sheene who I used to know when he was younger, shame he died though he was one 'mean' racer.
that was a bad one for him.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:06 PM

This was one very sad crash and a very fast Yank racer, sad it ended so bad for him. I never knew him personally but often watched and admired his racing style.
he is still one of the greats on two wheels.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

84 pounds in a big lab? Nah, I have a chocolate lab service dog that is 155-160 pounds (depending on how much he has been swimming that day).
Anyway today I picked up my new-to-me 2000 disco II and immediately had to detail it, remove-wire brush-repaint the roof rack, rear light guards, etc. Went to local auto parts store to pull codes.
Spent several horrible hours changing out plug wires (to whomever made the sticky on doing it w/o removing the IM: THANK YOU!)
Did first aid on my knuckles and hands (see "changing out plug wires" above)
Cleared codes at local auto parts store (P1300, 1304, 1307)Drove out of parts store with arms raised in manly VICTORY! at vanquishing 3 rover codes in only one afternoon.
Drove ~200 yards.
Watched CHECK ENGINE LIGHT come back on.
Listened to truck misfire all the way home.
Started drinking adult quantities of bourbon on porch while staring at my Rover and trying to decide why I was dumb enough to buy another Rover (yet again. This is number 4).
Realized that my Dog knows the difference between his normal get in car command (LOAD UP!) and his get in the Rover command (Wanna go get muddy?! Get in the Rover!).
Hugged my Rover.
~Come on - even my friggin' DOG knows how much more fun life is in a Rover...

Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put a five inch on my disco 2

Put a lucky 8 5 inch kit on my truck.rides great and articulates better than any other rover I've had.ill post pics as soon as I can.also added a full roof rack and fender flares also added a air compressor an hooked it up to my front an rear bumper.heres the before pic.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-image.jpg  
Old 07-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport
Even your dogs live more exciting lives than I do! Sheesh!!!

...said the man who started the thread 'Bug's Eye View' which gives me the creeps every time I read it I have an active imagination

OH.. and his signature line states 'Go ahead, live on the Edge'..

Old 07-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

broke something in the parking lights on the driver side and the license plate light

Old 07-29-2014, 01:06 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
...said the man who started the thread 'Bug's Eye View' which gives me the creeps every time I read it I have an active imagination

OH.. and his signature line states 'Go ahead, live on the Edge'..
Ok, I admit, I've jumped out of a few planes, bungee jumped, street raced, rock climbed, etc... But that was a while back. I'm 48 now and things hurt.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

"Upcoming:
1. New bumpers from BOTTORF FABRICATIONS -waiting on them to get here!"

you may want to stop waiting. please do a search on the forum here for more info.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?