Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 05:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 127 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Reservoir

Changed oil to reotella 15 w 40. Cleaned the driver side sai valv, Maf and throttle body. My p1415 is gone. For the time being.
Then I figured I would give it a bleed, which or cracked the lower nipple on the tank. Then I had to run to home depot and for a 1/4 brass nipple to epoxy in. When I pulled out the TB hose broke of course. Luckily the over flow hose has some extra 5/16" to give. It is never easy. However, dare I saw my repair may be permenant. Epoxy the nipple in and shore it up wirh jb weld. One of my better repairs for sure.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New battery and a new set of tires.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-image.jpg  
Old 07-15-2015, 12:53 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replaced all 4 O2 Sensors with the AB kit. The upstreams were a lot harder to do than the downstreams just because the harnesses and sensors themselves are so difficult to reach, not to mention they had tons of grease on them. Bank 1 had a corroded pin.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

My wife and I sold our house in Seattle last Thursday and are still waiting on the purchase of the new one going through. I took the wife and kids out to my Mother in Laws in upstate New York and have been car camping the last few nights while I wait to get the keys to the new place.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Today

Walked by and gave her a pat on the bonnet saying just wait, soon the parts will arrive and you will be able to go have fun in the rain. Ebay, 8 parts shipped. I wish I had a link to the great people on the forum that have parts for sale. My SSR forum has a whole category for it.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:04 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced the passenger side rear door lock actuator. Tried to do it without removing the window frame with no luck. It took about 3 hours, but it's fixed now.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New crank sensor
Tightened saddle clamp
Oil change and filter - rotella

Old 07-18-2015, 09:21 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Not today, but last weekend: I had developed an exhaust leak, and between my job, projects at home, and my family I didn't have the time to search for it. So, for the sake of time, I ran to a shop I deal with at work for a quick "throw it on the rack and find the leak" at no cost. Their diagnosis: cracked Y-pipe at the manifold flange. I had been rear ended the other year and lost my rear resonator in the process, so I thought maybe that had stressed the flange.
Got a used Y-pipe delivered and pulled my original. No cracks, just two loose manifold studs and leaking from the gasket. Tried to remove the pipe to muffler flange studs which we cut. After 4 drill bits, I gave up. Swapped O2 sensors onto the new used pipe, removed heat shield from old and welded to new and installed.
Only broke one crossmember bolt. 3 out of 4 is good enough.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:05 AM
Three Wheeling

Today I got my CB radio installed. I still need to install the antenna and tune it, but the radio is wired up and powers on, which is an improvement over the last time I tried to install it.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Default Overhaulin

Finally getting my heads back on my Discovery II. Started 1 year ago. Got it moved in the garage, torn heads down ordered my parts. Took my youngest girl to an ice skating party and fell broke/snapped the main bone just past my elbow in my forearm. Had to have surgery and still have two pins in my arm from it. While it still bothers me at night I'm finally strong enough to get this thing back together. Got one head on today and hopefully the other tomorrow. Probably will have to watch my RAVE much closer since I took it apart a year ago LOL. Get that back together my next project will be getting the headliner down and painted.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?