Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:43 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 825 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
Only thing out of the water right now = my house maybe 2ft to spare right now & my shop with all my LR stuff/Vehicles which has about 1/2 inch before the water floods it.

Praying it lets up long enough to go back down before the next wave. Kayak survived Ike so it's ready to be used again.
I'm concerned about Best4x4. Looks like it's been rough around Beaumont the last 24 hours.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:52 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Blake
Mission accomplished

I need to do some exploring in the southern end of the Cleveland Forest. We've been all over everything up at our end (north of Ortega) and I'd like to explore down there a little. Maybe overnight in Julian or Lake Cuyamaca. Definitely want to see south of the 8.

Old 08-31-2017, 05:54 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

It's a great area. The forest service roads are fun on their own - plenty of decent obstacles, ruts, rocks, and climbs. Los pinos mountain has a cool lookout tower. Corral canyon campground was a nice quiet overnight stay for me, and leaves you right in the thick of the trails. If you have a national parks pass, it's free, otherwise $5. I'm still getting used to the desert though... I miss the lush green landscapes and rivers, lakes, streams of the northwest.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:01 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes: p0130 & p0150

Problem - need advice!

Three months ago...service engine soon light came on and vehicle started to idle roughly.
I scanned and diagnosis was vacuum leak.
Found vacuum leak at air intake duct and repaired with replacement duct but not before codes: p0130 & p0150 came up.
Replaced all four O2 oxygen sensors and still have codes.
Took to mechanic, he scanned, found all were receiving adequate mix?? and cleared codes. Vehicle ran for 15 or so minutes before codes came back. He says my vehicle does not like the O2 sensors I used and I should pay the extra money and purchase them from Atlantic British! Frustrated, I took vehicle to have smoke test performed thinking maybe I didn't find vacuum hose leak and maybe this had caused O2 sensors to pop up? Mechanic found smoke streaming out of SAI solenoid valve. I replaced only to see that I believe this piece in general releases smoke? Still getting codes. Help!!!!

Old 09-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

Started installing the winch, Superwinch TS11500. A lot of drilling and welding, since I'd fab'd up the winch plate from a piece of steel I had.

Things didn't go to bad, but may change the fairlead to a hawse style eventually. Not digging how this one is a few inches below the plate. But that is minor stuff, will work on locating the switch housing under the hood this weekend (removing factory jack and mounting it there).

Brian.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Started installing the winch, Superwinch TS11500. A lot of drilling and welding, since I'd fab'd up the winch plate from a piece of steel I had.

Things didn't go to bad, but may change the fairlead to a hawse style eventually. Not digging how this one is a few inches below the plate. But that is minor stuff, will work on locating the switch housing under the hood this weekend (removing factory jack and mounting it there).

Brian.
Looks sharp!

The following users liked this post:
The Deputy (09-02-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 500 dollar parts car came in handy

Last week I bought my first disco, then today I got a part car in town. Lucky for me. Somebody JB welded the lower tranny cooler, when I was replacing the high pressure power stearing line I broke the JB weld, parts car came in handy for that and the high pressure line. I was wondering if anybody has ever used an aftermarget tranny cooler in their disco 2 before?

Old 09-02-2017, 05:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,167 Likes on 842 Posts

Winch is all wired up. Very pleased with operation, smooth and quiet.

Brian.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Well it was yesterday but I got a ticket for failure to comply with the direction of a traffic control officer. We had some pretty bad storms were I live and I was trying to get home.

So I pull up to a fire truck and 2 police cars blocking the north bound lanes of the highway for high water. The sound bound lanes are not blocked and there is 1-2 inches of water over these lanes. Due to nobody blocking the southbound lanes I figure I'm good to go and no more than I get through and I get pulled over. Like I said southbound lanes were not blocked, no officer directing traffic.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 183 Likes on 157 Posts

I drilled in some RAM mounts for the front dash. I first experimented with suction cups on the windshield for the center mounts, and while they suck (in a good way) they were too wobbly along the arms due to the distance. Suction works well for the left hand iphone mount.

I hardly even think twice about drilling holes in my rover at this point

iPad for GPS/navigation
iPhone for iphoning
Garmin Inreach for SOS/bluetooth gps for the iPad
And the third one will be for a HAM radio.

Not pictured: CB mic down below using another ram mount

Now my head is swimming in trying to figure out the best way to do CB and HAM antennas.

bonus: added aluminum rods to better support the handle on my solar panel frame. I pulled too hard and the frame separated from the panel. With these rods, the force is distributed to the opposite frame (and not the silicone glue holding the panel in) and bonus round: get to hang stuff while I cook

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?