Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 02:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

I was today years old when I found out the slider pins for the rear brake calipers are shorter than the front. Fml...

Old 05-17-2020, 02:50 PM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

Install my winch

Old 05-17-2020, 03:13 PM
Winching
Received 132 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by redwhitekat
Install my winch

do you know how to remove the headlights with the bumper on I tried and have no room, and also my marker lights on my bumper were mounted on the outside like yours I just moved them to the inside looks sleeker, scroll up a few posts to see

Old 05-17-2020, 04:37 PM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by escott16
do you know how to remove the headlights with the bumper on I tried and have no room, and also my marker lights on my bumper were mounted on the outside like yours I just moved them to the inside looks sleeker, scroll up a few posts to see

not sure never had to remove them unless they break or something

Old 05-17-2020, 06:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 449 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by redwhitekat
not sure never had to remove them unless they break or something
In order to install new bulbs, you have to take the headlights out.

Old 05-17-2020, 09:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 138 Likes on 95 Posts

Found my AC leak and verified that the compressor is good. The condenser has definitely seen better days - some of the fins are just totally missing, but I didn’t see any leaks coming from there. Should have a better idea once I fix the huge leak - a vacuum doesn’t hold for more than a couple minutes, so it’s pretty substantial.

Ordered a new hose that connects on the high side and runs from the receiver/dryer to a joint just above the drivers side wheel well. The leak is behind the grill right next to the drivers side horn. Also ordered a used condenser fan from EBay and a new blower motor.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:24 AM
TReK
Received 765 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by boston4
Found my AC leak and verified that the compressor is good. The condenser has definitely seen better days - some of the fins are just totally missing, but I didn’t see any leaks coming from there. Should have a better idea once I fix the huge leak - a vacuum doesn’t hold for more than a couple minutes, so it’s pretty substantial.

Ordered a new hose that connects on the high side and runs from the receiver/dryer to a joint just above the drivers side wheel well. The leak is behind the grill right next to the drivers side horn. Also ordered a used condenser fan from EBay and a new blower motor.
I just replaced the exact same piece on mine. Luckily I had a known-good one on my parts truck. It's a bit of a pain to wrangle the long leg of it through the hole and around into its final position!

Old 05-18-2020, 08:31 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by mollusc
I just replaced the exact same piece on mine. Luckily I had a known-good one on my parts truck. It's a bit of a pain to wrangle the long leg of it through the hole and around into its final position!
Did you just rip out the foam from around where it mounts as it passes through the area next to the horn? When I was troubleshooting I tried pulling it out in one piece but feels like it’s probably just going to disintegrate.

AB has the part for like $140 on their website but $75 on eBay (new). Go figure.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:58 AM
TReK
Received 765 Likes on 633 Posts

Yep. Ripped the foam out completely. It was soaked with A/C oil and dye. I was intending to pull it out anyway because I'm replacing the horns on both sides.
I'm really glad that I found it because I was afraid that it was the coil under the dashboard that was leaking. Was definitely not looking forward to getting to that piece.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:46 AM
Rock Crawling

Ok - that's what I figured I'd need to do. Let me know if you have any pointers, but it looks simple enough after you remove the airbox. Hoping to knock this out later this week depending on when the parts come in. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?