Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Interestingly enough, it wasn't Brad Wilk on drums, a guy who i'd consider to be a spiritual successor to Ward. It was Ozzy's regular solo drummer. I have to say though, the guy is really good and definitely plays with more fire than Bill Ward could.

back to Disco's.
My snorkel left the UK today. Wonder if it'll beat me home to Seattle?

Old 09-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Took my newest Daughter to the Beach for the weekend! It was her first experience in the sand. Rockaway Beach in Pacifica, CA

She's a two month old German Shepherd name KayLeigh. Since our three daughters are grown and moved away, we decided to do it again... This one is a bit more work though.

On the way there:

At the Beach:

Thanking Mom:

Exhausted after the trip:

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-2013-09-03t08-04-29_0.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-2013-09-03t08-04-29_2.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-2013-09-03t08-04-29_3.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-thanksmom.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSport; 09-03-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Awesome looking pup! Just got a dog myself recently... landseer newfoundland haha.

In other news... I had this installed yesterday, no more silly watts linkage

Name:  YYQDQ2n.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  106.7 KB

Old 09-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
In other news... I had this installed yesterday, no more silly watts linkage

Kinda wish you would do a seperate thread on this, filled with pictures ofcourse. Maybe later on I can do the same but by then it'll be hrs sifting through to find enough info.

I just think it'd be pretty useful to others in the future wanting to go the same route, and maybe you could add your opinions on how it works out/holds up.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Camel Trophy

I can do that, I have a few pics of during install, but not many.

I highly suggest it to anyone, though I cannot comment on its longevity yet... 80mph on the highway I see no difference, but no more clunks from the worn out watts, and more importantly no more binding!

Old 09-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I ordered new tires from Discount Tire Direct. Hankook Dynapro ATM 255/70R18 (32.1"). With rebates, the set will cost me $518. Need to find a place to install them. Leaning toward Walmart, they will mount and balance them for$16/tire.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Camel Trophy

Finished up the air lines today, that was actually the easiest part of the whole thing!

I never really worked on a vehicle in depth, but installed the compressor, switches, diffs, and wiring harness/air lines. I'm very happy with myself/it! Can't thank Justin at Lucky8 enough, he's been super helpful the whole time, even if homeboy is watching Dora the explorer with his kid while giving air line advise...

Name:  W128gg4.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  69.7 KB

Old 09-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zack, I'd love some more information about he Watts replacement. Really anything cool that I can spend money on the D2 will interest me! I'll be getting into the lockers + airlines after I'm done with the swap.

SuperSport, what a cute looking dog! Both of my doggies first car ride was in the Disco, and your pictures reminded me of some fond memories. Both of them are Pitbulls though. 2 months old is the perfect age to bring the dog into the new home!

Originally Posted by Robert Booth
Interestingly enough, it wasn't Brad Wilk on drums, a guy who i'd consider to be a spiritual successor to Ward. It was Ozzy's regular solo drummer. I have to say though, the guy is really good and definitely plays with more fire than Bill Ward could.
Well There was a big to-do about whether Brad Wilk was a member or not, and they ended up coming out and saying they only chose him because of his skill and willing to only be a session drummer. A lot of other drummers wanted to be "a member" of Black Sabbath even if it was just for an album. Ozzy's drummer was Mike Bordin from Faith No More and Jerry Cantrell the last I can remember.

Last edited by ScreamingLife; 09-03-2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Camel Trophy

Will do E! I'll make a thread about it tomorrow.

BTW turns out my newfy does not like the sound of the ARB compressor coming on!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Finished up the air lines today, that was actually the easiest part of the whole thing!

I never really worked on a vehicle in depth, but installed the compressor, switches, diffs, and wiring harness/air lines. I'm very happy with myself/it! Can't thank Justin at Lucky8 enough, he's been super helpful the whole time, even if homeboy is watching Dora the explorer with his kid while giving air line advise...

Nice work Zack! Feels good doing it yourself right? How about a picture of the switches in the day time? Is that on the right side of the dash?

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?