Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Winching
Received 132 Likes on 78 Posts

Water got in around the taillight and went down where the trailer wiring box is and it caught on fire , taking my wiring harness with it

Old 09-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Almost gave up on my land rover and was about to sell it. After fixing coolant leak after coolant leak I thought I had every single thing replaced that had to do with the coolant system, water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, bleeder valve, and I just got done doing the head gasket and freshened up the cylinder heads just to have yet again another coolant leak. But last night I found I was leaking from the little pipe coming from the intake manifold to the throttle body heater, I must have bumped it or something while doing the head gaskets. So that will be my project for next weekend, hopefully an easy fix. Wish me luck that I dont spring another leak after that's fixed cause I really wanna drive it again. Just to catch up ok n everything else I've done in the past couple months, window motor and regulator, rebuilt driveshafts, headliner, all new fluids throughout and transmission filter, wires and coil packs, tons of other stuff but can't think of them right now.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 AM
Winching
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturnine
Inline tstat is workin well

yikes- working a little too well. Have the same problem in mine with the 180 stat in winter- wont stay at temp. So I run the 180 in summer and 195 in winter.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by MATT04
Almost gave up on my land rover and was about to sell it. After fixing coolant leak after coolant leak I thought I had every single thing replaced that had to do with the coolant system, water pump, hoses, radiator, thermostat, bleeder valve, and I just got done doing the head gasket and freshened up the cylinder heads just to have yet again another coolant leak. But last night I found I was leaking from the little pipe coming from the intake manifold to the throttle body heater, I must have bumped it or something while doing the head gaskets. So that will be my project for next weekend, hopefully an easy fix. Wish me luck that I dont spring another leak after that's fixed cause I really wanna drive it again. Just to catch up ok n everything else I've done in the past couple months, window motor and regulator, rebuilt driveshafts, headliner, all new fluids throughout and transmission filter, wires and coil packs, tons of other stuff but can't think of them right now.
There are two kinds of people; those who get too frustrated when their car challenges them with repairs and move on to something that they don't think will need as much work to keep it going. And those who persevere through the adversity and are proud of their accomplishments in keeping something in "good nick". Land Rovers require owners of the 2nd lot.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wjsj69 I know what you mean and can see why with the land rovers, I've rebuild a few engines and have worked on lots of different vehicles and these are a total pain in the *** sometimes, but when it's running good and all cleaned up I always kick myself in the *** for even thinking about getting rid of it. It's the worst vehicle I've worked on but also my favorite if that makes any sense.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Replaced the rear shocks and bled the brakes with my new Foxwell OBD tool.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesley Lueders
Replaced the rear shocks and bled the brakes with my new Foxwell OBD tool.
Hey Wesley, which foxwell tool do you have? Does it also remove the 3 amigos?

Old 09-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 257 Likes on 214 Posts

This was driving in 40 degree weather and going downhill -- This is the lowest it has ever been but the rest of the time zipping around the mountains temps were in the mid 190's

Originally Posted by jamestfl
yikes- working a little too well. Have the same problem in mine with the 180 stat in winter- wont stay at temp. So I run the 180 in summer and 195 in winter.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi All!!

Yesterday we were making a plan (as usual) to deal with our upcoming repairs, and my kids came up with this add. Enjoy!!!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
land rover poster (1).pdf (171.6 KB, 119 views)
The following users liked this post:
Richard Gallant (09-11-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,272 Likes on 1,676 Posts

Like I've always said if they truly did break down that much I wouldn't own one let alone 5.

I only tinkered with my LR's last weekend and a little this weekend after I bought myself a Nanocom diagnostic tool/Programmer. I installed an 03-04 Gauge Cluster into my 02 Kalahari and was able to SYNC the proud 235K over to the 03-04 Cluster which came from a D2 with only 79K on it. I then enabled the Factory Fog Lights on my 04 S Model (all D2's come with the Fog Light wiring it's just not enabled on S models), and today I finished wiring up my Pro Comp 9inch Aux lights on the ARB Bumper and I also made them be on no matter what beam is selected Hi/Lo. I also made a few other changes to the BCU's on all 3 of my D2's

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?