Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

smoking,

Just carry an old one, do you really want to pay for new one to sit on a shelf.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally got around to replacing all 4 brake pads. My rears were almost gone. Fluid was a little dark so bled the system with new fluid and took it out to bed the brakes and so much better than before

Also removed my condenser fan as it finally seized up after making noise most the year. Good news is I am a lucky one where even without I only get to about 208F when sitting idle for a while. Bad news is a stripped two of the screw holding the motor in. I did get them out but had nothing in my spare bins to use and was to late to run to home depot/lowes so will finish that up tonight.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

just returned from a couple of days of trails and tree clearing out at the ranch. was real rough on the disco, but she held up well, with the exception of a new coolant leak.

Old 09-11-2013, 12:41 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guys, I need advice.

ok can anyone help me out? I have a 2003 disco with 95000 miles. about 3 weeks ago my engine fan somehow fell off and punctured my water pump. replaced both and now I have a misfire on cylinders 2 and 8. replaced both plugs and wires and the codes are still showing. these are all the codes showing : p0300 p0302 p0308 p1319 . my husbands father is a pretty nifty mechanic and seems to think maybe it is the coil pack. But of course that requires removing the manifold and buying new things to replace that as well. my question is does this sound right before we do all this and buy all those things, or could there be another issue? bear with me, I know nothing about cars and in my small town everyone is afraid of land rovers, but it is my love and it seems to be spiraling into a black hole of doom right now. thanks so much for any response!

Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adsherman
ok can anyone help me out? I have a 2003 disco with 95000 miles. about 3 weeks ago my engine fan somehow fell off and punctured my water pump. replaced both and now I have a misfire on cylinders 2 and 8. replaced both plugs and wires and the codes are still showing. these are all the codes showing : p0300 p0302 p0308 p1319 . my husbands father is a pretty nifty mechanic and seems to think maybe it is the coil pack. But of course that requires removing the manifold and buying new things to replace that as well. my question is does this sound right before we do all this and buy all those things, or could there be another issue? bear with me, I know nothing about cars and in my small town everyone is afraid of land rovers, but it is my love and it seems to be spiraling into a black hole of doom right now. thanks so much for any response!
Hi Adsherman, you should try posting this in the main area for Discovery II models since this thread is mainly for owners telling what exciting stuff they did with their Land Rover today. I think you will get more responses there.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Today I replaced my plastic differential plugs with nice brass ones with new o-rings. I got them from Rovers North and they are well made and cost less then $10. I know some members have gotten theirs from EE or L8 but these did the job and didn't cost a lot.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 PM
Overlanding
Talking New Fuel Pump

Solved lots of long term issues with new fuel pump...let's hope it stays healthy for at least a couple of months now!!

Old 09-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Not much....

...didn't do much with the Disco today - just drove to work (those sticks in the background...):

Name:  20130911_174422_zpsf0227dd0.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  41.7 KB

This is the boring drive, though...there is one up in the mountains back there that is a LOT more fun to get to...

Old 09-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Changed the oil in my t-case and resealed the cover plate. The PO of course put some thread lock on the bolts right above the y-pipe... that took some time to get them off... But now she's sealed up with some high-temp RTV and nice and clean and best of all, NO LEAKS! I had a small one before.

Of course I cleaned that all up before re-sealing the plate

Also put on some QT bolt on diff guards. Super easy install. 20 minutes tops. However, the front guard is literally 1mm or less from the tie rod... is that alright? You can see it better in the 2nd pic. I'm assuming it is as it hasn't caused any issues yet and I've done a bit of wheeling with them on. Overall, I like them very much.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:06 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I greased the front drive shaft on my 2001 Discovery.
Found there was not a grease fitting on the front drive shaft slip joint so I put one on after taking out a filler hex screw.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?