Discovery I Talk about the Land Rover Discovery Series I within.

So what did you do to your Disco today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Looks like a Bottorf?
Do you have a body lift? You could probably mod the frame mounts to tuck that bumper up a bit.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! I like the inverted USCG strip on the fender.

I recently did an OME 2" on my stock DI and learned about Castor etc.. How does the truck drive differently for you now and did you or plan to do anything to correct the castor issues?

Thanks,

Tom

Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yesterday I removed the driver's seat to fix the sag, I used 2 wire hangers.

?, If I remove the driver's side airbag(trying to fix horn issue), what are the chances it will slap the crap out of me?

Horns work with alarm but no beep when push on the wheel.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:59 PM
Drifting
Smile

Well I replaced the cruise control steering wheel switch hoping it would fix my system broom her out and nada, all vacuum hoses are good and the brake and clutch switches at least click. Guess it's time to start doing real trouble shooting. If spending money equates to working the. I also have a new rotoflex and three u-joints inbound.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by amsandunn
Well I replaced the cruise control steering wheel switch hoping it would fix my system broom her out and nada, all vacuum hoses are good and the brake and clutch switches at least click. Guess it's time to start doing real trouble shooting. If spending money equates to working the. I also have a new rotoflex and three u-joints inbound.

I am in the same position, I vac tested all the connections all are good.

This leaves me to using aux power to power the pump and see if it operates correctly.

In the VSS post our brothers in arms state the vss operates or provides information to the cruise. My VSS tells my ultragauge my speed that fluctuates wildly, this tells me that my cruise module is getting bad nformation......

Keep posting about your cruise control problem. maybe between the two of us we can find answers.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam95disco
Yesterday I removed the driver's seat to fix the sag, I used 2 wire hangers.

?, If I remove the driver's side airbag(trying to fix horn issue), what are the chances it will slap the crap out of me?

Horns work with alarm but no beep when push on the wheel.
Not really any chance, just undo the battery before starting. Or, if you really feel like playing it safe undo the battery and let it sit for thirty minutes to de-energize the system. Once the air bag is out it's just plug n' play with the horn harness. You'll need to remove the bottom cover of the steering column to access the plug but it's very straight forward. Just don't break the clips on the harness and "donut," it's very frustrating hearing the "donut" not attached to the steering wheel when you're turning, be careful.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by honda50r
Not really any chance, just undo the battery before starting. Or, if you really feel like playing it safe undo the battery and let it sit for thirty minutes to de-energize the system. Once the air bag is out it's just plug n' play with the horn harness. You'll need to remove the bottom cover of the steering column to access the plug but it's very straight forward. Just don't break the clips on the harness and "donut," it's very frustrating hearing the "donut" not attached to the steering wheel when you're turning, be careful.
Thanks

Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
7th Gear

I changed out my leaky PS hoses. The high pressure hose is a pain in the ***.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Drifting

Replaced my headlight washer jets and the back window washer. Now my rear wiper isn't working. Can't win. Tomorrow rebuilding my front propshaft. Wish me luck lol.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Drifting

@discolife. I thought the same thing as I read that article. I have not read out anything yet. I am hoping for a bad ecu though. Nice and easy even if a bit more expensive.

Quick Reply: So what did you do to your Disco today?