Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mattmo78
Thanks guys. I'll get it done.
You will also have to adjust the jets once you get them installed. You can move the little 2 little sprayers in each jet. It takes a bit of time to get them just right. When I first installed them they were spraying the very bottom of the windshield and it freaked me out and I thought I had got to bad jets, but I finally figured out they move. Just a heads up

Old 04-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

If you angle them just right where it launches over your windshield then you can spray the ahole tailgater behind you. I have adjusted this several times in the past. It really pisses them off, especially if they are out of washer fluid...just makes a mess of their windshield. Then they usually back off.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ralphobell
If you angle them just right where it launches over your windshield then you can spray the ahole tailgater behind you. I have adjusted this several times in the past. It really pisses them off, especially if they are out of washer fluid...just makes a mess of their windshield. Then they usually back off.
I had my rear washer on my RSX flipped upside down and it was great to get people off my a$$. For some reason in that car I always had little kids in rice burners trying to race me.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:13 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default last couple of days

New to me - 2000 Discovery II 144k miles

R&R Serpentine belt
New plugs and wires
5 new tires
oil change
checked fluid levels on all powr str, tranny, transfer and diffs
R&R air filter
brake fluid changed and brakes bled
new wiper blades font and rear
enabled heated seats w/facia and buttons
added LR cup holders (big rascals on the console)
new headlight washer squirters

cleaned and waxed

and have put close to 1000 miles on her -
so far very happy with my new Disco...

Old 04-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed a new Fan Clutch and all new lug nuts. The lug nuts finished off my freshly powered coated wheel and lift project. Makes huge difference to have nice shiny lug nuts up against those black powder coated wheels.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Stat

Installed a new 180* Motorad T-Stat and did a coolant flush. Temps now dont ever go above 204 while idling in 85*+ weather.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Finally replaced my upper radiator hoses and installed a brass bleeder screw. That screw is awesome. No coolant leaks out, just air escapes.

I've needed to replace the hoses and plastic T for about 2 months now. The plastic t was leaking around the screw. Had a mishap with an ebay seller who sent me the wrong hoses and I had to wait on him to send the right ones. I was waiting for the day when the damn thing would explode on the highway or something.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleThreat
Installed a new Fan Clutch and all new lug nuts. The lug nuts finished off my freshly powered coated wheel and lift project. Makes huge difference to have nice shiny lug nuts up against those black powder coated wheels.
Did you go with OEM lugs or aftermarket?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisRoverGuy
Did you go with OEM lugs or aftermarket?
OEM through RovahFarm Best price I could find...

Old 04-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I flipped my spare tire mount and went and picked up a matching spare tire finally. The tire mount flip was pretty darn easy, just be very careful with those little red clips that hold on the door panel. I decided not to drill the 2 middle holes out and I only used 4 of the 6 bolts when re-installing the mount. It seems to hole it fine. Do you guys think it will hold the 265/75 okay?

(A little tip. When cutting the plastic to get to the 6 nuts for the tire mount, only cut 3 sides. After you are done you can simply fold the plastic back over and tape it back up.)
What did you do with your DII today?-20140429_081957.jpgWhat did you do with your DII today?-20140429_083819.jpgWhat did you do with your DII today?-old-tire.jpgWhat did you do with your DII today?-new-tire.jpg

Funny thing happened at discount tire. Some guy right behind me in line drove an FJ and he pulled up right beside me and told me how much he liked the look of the Disco and he was here to get the same tires put on. He opened the door for me on the way in (big mistake) and I got called up right before him. I finished paying for my 1 spare tire and went to sit down and could hear him talking to the sales guy after me. It turned out that he needed the same size as mine and they only had 3 left because I had bought the 4th. I felt bad for the guy. He walked in there all happy like he had been looking forward to his new tires all month long and walked out of there so sad and disappointed. But hey, doesn't my Rover look good

Last edited by Jared9220; 04-29-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?