Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94svt50
I have also always found the Tc to be pretty effective but, like you said it takes a bit of skill and know how to get the most out of it. There are certain members on here who will tell you you cant go off a gravel road unless you have installed a cdl but, I really think it comes down to their inability to drive and they have to compensate for that through a cdl.
So tell me, how do you safely reverse straight back down a steep muddy track under complete control and maintain your steering and front braking, without a CDL fitted?

I'd like to learn that, seems us Aussies must have different conditions here.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by winaje
So tell me, how do you safely reverse straight back down a steep muddy track under complete control and maintain your steering and front braking, without a CDL fitted?

I'd like to learn that, seems us Aussies must have different conditions here.
Read carefully, I said it is effective I did not say it was perfect.

Last edited by 94svt50; 01-22-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Jesus man...you just never shut up about that do you?

Brandon, he's basically just complaining that he doesn't have a CDL, you can read the whole treads of him trolling Justin from Lucky8 over at Exped Portal.
D2 traction control VS CDL being locked - Expedition Portal
Winter Romp 2012 Hilight Video - Expedition Portal
Please do read it! Your the only one complaining not justin. Sorry you spent so much getting a cdl installed, get over it ! Traction control works great for many folks in a variety of situations.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read carefully, I said it is effective I did not say it was perfect.
Fair enough, I was specifically referring to your comment below:
I really think it comes down to their inability to drive and they have to compensate for that through a cdl.
which infers that if you have to install or use a CDL you don't know how to drive correctly offroad.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Please do read it! Your the only one complaining not justin. Sorry you spent so much getting a cdl installed, get over it ! Traction control works great for many folks in a variety of situations.
Yes, it works for the every other month weekend warrior driving class 4 roads. I, and so many others spent money to install a CDL because of how much of a difference it makes, not because we "can't drive".

Old 01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by winaje
Fair enough, I was specifically referring to your comment below:

which infers that if you have to install or use a CDL you don't know how to drive correctly offroad.
Your right I should have been more clear, it wasnt a blanket statement but a more a specific jab.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Yes, it works for the every other month weekend warrior driving class 4 roads. I, and so many others spent money to install a CDL because of how much of a difference it makes, not because we "can't drive".
So your saying the majority of folks on here are off road posers and only run on gravel? There is only a small percentage of people on this forum who have found the need to install a cdl and none of them are as arrogant as you.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Camel Trophy

I would say it's close to half people that daily drive and mildly off road their DIIs on this forum. Calling me arrogant? Seriously? You're usually wrong, won't accept it, won't accept criticism/facts/and experiences.

Also, you've obviously never been on class 4 road if you think they only consist of gravel, they can be quite challenging and sometimes impassible with stock vehicles.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I would say it's close to half people that daily drive and mildly off road their DIIs on this forum. Calling me arrogant? Seriously? You're usually wrong, won't accept it, won't accept criticism/facts/and experiences.

Also, you've obviously never been on class 4 road if you think they only consist of gravel, they can be quite challenging and sometimes impassible with stock vehicles.
When have I been wrong? Unlike you I only post on what I have experience on.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Camel Trophy

When have I been wrong? Unlike you I only post on what I have experience on.
Cylinder liners cannot drop in a D2 due to the machined lip at bottom of the cylinder. The cylinder wall can crack behind the liner and cause coolant loss and pressurization of the system. Bring it home take it apart so you can see what really happened.

Maybe a pre-screen to keep big stuff or critters from going up the intake? Never seen that before.
Right, you only post on what you have experience with. Sorry I misread your comments.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?