Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 05:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Changed the spark plugs on the wife's Toyota and then rotated the tires on the Rover. My two year old came out to help with the rover, he really loves working on the truck with Daddy!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_1147.jpg  
Old 12-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heated Seats...

After owning my 02' Disco since... well... 02' I just saw over the holidays that heated seats could easily be added. What!? All Discos IIs with Leather seats already have the connectors and heat elements installed. Huh? I had no idea. AB has a kit on sale right now for $145 to accomplish this. Even at that price I was ready to jump all over it, but figured I was overdue for a visit to my favorite local U-Pull... and since they had a couple new 04's thought now was a good time. Ended up with the whole window switch panel w/ both heated seat switches and a good face place for $12. I'm still a little in disbelief that for $12 I now have heated seats! Took all but 5 minutes to install. Of course I ended up with a toolbox full of all kinds of other little Land Rover "things." I never plan on getting rid of mine, so nice to have extra "things."

Old 12-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Belly

Removed underbelly panel to facilitate future mx/inspections and get things cleaned up. Once up on 6" ramps, removed the steering damper and I was able to easily remove panel from the front, sans damage and without the need to release drag link or having to let the front end hang. No plans to reinstall anytime soon/if ever but do believe there is a slight increase of wind noise inside the cabin with panel removed.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_20151228_172737280.jpg  
Old 12-28-2015, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,475 Likes on 1,203 Posts

I cussed at it while in a ran/sleet/freezing crap/snow storm when the blower motor started shutting off randomly until it stopped entirely. Lucky for me the electric defroster still works on my windshield

Old 12-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by number9
Removed underbelly panel to facilitate future mx/inspections and get things cleaned up. Once up on 6" ramps, removed the steering damper and I was able to easily remove panel from the front, sans damage and without the need to release drag link or having to let the front end hang. No plans to reinstall anytime soon/if ever but do believe there is a slight increase of wind noise inside the cabin with panel removed.
I really like those ramps. I wonder if i can make flat spot ramps using the same concept.

Old 12-30-2015, 11:29 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stripped, cleaned and replaced this thingy:
https://www.instagram.com/p/_6FWWbqb..._combre_knives
Then went and bought a new socket set coz my old one didn't tighten the nuts enough and is what caused the diesel leak in the first place. Modified two size 14 ring spanners for the diesel line nuts.
Replaced gear box oil, replaced transfer case oil and put in a tube of copper compound. Replaced rear ball joint (the long shaft)

All in all a fun day

Old 12-31-2015, 03:39 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Rover V8 Gods & Dumb Luck

Lower radiator hose popped off thermostat in my driveway after a 50 mile I-95/rural run to clean cooling system.

Yesterday in preparation for upcoming water pump replacement drained cooling system. No contamination noted and decided on a vinegar douche using a gallon of white with the water when refilling.

During fresh water flushing lower rad/top hoses/thermostat were removed. My first time reinstall and didn't clamp lower hose to thermostat waiting until others connected to assure alignment. System filled, bleed, run, checked for leaks per manual, even drove on a short 5 mile test hop with no leaks noted and monitored temps were normal.

After I-95 portion of run noticed higher than normal temps at very low MPH speeds while exploring a unpaved road, once back up to rural highway speed temps returned to normal, stopped to check things while several miles out and coolant level was normal. Trains of thought were these engines don't like running w/o antifreeze or electric fan somehow was inadvertently disabled. Once home in drive, engine still running for less than a minute, aux fan good, opened bonnet and heard/saw gush of makeshift coolant douche as hose slipped off.

Caught a break today from hassles of being broke down away from home and very thankful for it. Flushed system again, all clamps secured and will be running on H2O for a couple of days in balmy Georgia.

Old 01-03-2016, 06:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Installed a new group 31 battery. It's a marine start dual terminal, and comes with a three year replacement warranty before the pro-rated begins. Fits like it was made to be there.

Old 01-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

My D2 is jealous because my 109 arrived on Christmas Day

Old 01-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,475 Likes on 1,203 Posts

nice, congrats

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?