Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:33 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts
Default What'd I do?!?!

Another Disco strikes back! I don't know what I did, besides fix her up a little. New bumper in the back, a little A-pillar molding, a little D-pillar molding. I had to remove some undergarments to swap the moldings out so maybe she didn't like that. Trust me, I wasn't enjoying it, just part of the process.

What do I get in return? A tantrum. Left it idling to warm up while I finished getting ready for work, the usual 20 minutes. I come back out and the M & S is flashing! I hadn't yet booted up my OBD but I instantly started driving it, barely, to get the air circulating through the radiators to cool the fluids off. 10 minutes later I shut it down and cleared the codes but coolant temps still didn't want to come off 198 even on the highway.

Last time I do anything nice for you! Don't appreciate anything.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by chubbs878
Another Disco strikes back! I don't know what I did, besides fix her up a little. New bumper in the back, a little A-pillar molding, a little D-pillar molding. I had to remove some undergarments to swap the moldings out.....Last time I do anything nice for you! Don't appreciate anything.
Come join us on the LR3/LR4 boards where the biggest issue is control bushings and tire wear. Best decision I ever made was to leave the Discos behind.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 111 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by DustyLBottoms
Come join us on the LR3/LR4 boards where the biggest issue is control bushings and tire wear. Best decision I ever made was to leave the Discos behind.
duly, DULY noted. As much as I like this vehicle, I would not buy another one. The LR3/4 on the other hand....

If fuel prices remain this low, who knows? Definitely a plus for the 4x4 community!

Old 02-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Winching
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Disco 1 CDL install in my 2000 Disco 2

I installed a disco 1 cdl shifter in my 2000 Disco 2 today, took about 3 hours, rivets were the main pain in the butt part of the job. I have about an hour left on this install. Waiting for a female rod end joint bearing to finish my install to connect the hi-lo shifter to the hi-lo -lever without bending anything. I would have been finished in about 2 hours but I wasted an hour trying to remove the hi-lo shift cable from the Disco 2 shifter. I realized I didn't have to remove it from the shifter but from the actuator lever after I was all already done.
Well anyways I can't wait to try out my locking diffs, hopefully in less than a week.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_8701.jpg  
Old 02-19-2016, 08:14 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

you have to love the way the steel sleeve on the cable siezes into the alumnium shifter bracket

Old 02-20-2016, 05:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mx468
I installed a disco 1 cdl shifter in my 2000 Disco 2 today, took about 3 hours, rivets were the main pain in the butt part of the job. I have about an hour left on this install. Waiting for a female rod end joint bearing to finish my install to connect the hi-lo shifter to the hi-lo -lever without bending anything. I would have been finished in about 2 hours but I wasted an hour trying to remove the hi-lo shift cable from the Disco 2 shifter. I realized I didn't have to remove it from the shifter but from the actuator lever after I was all already done.
Well anyways I can't wait to try out my locking diffs, hopefully in less than a week.
Did the video help?

Old 02-20-2016, 09:09 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Today replace pads and install roof rack fog lamps. Lamps are from the front brush bar which was old.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_9503lrf.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_9500lrf.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_9494lrf.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_9497lrf.jpg  
Old 02-21-2016, 12:18 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine today! 2003 SE in gray with the black interior. Has a few things that need replacing, but it's a gorgeous truck. I'll post some pictures when I figure out how! I gave it a wash and an interior cleaning as well. Just a quick rinse, so no wax or extensive cleaning yet.

The issues (as it stands currently) are:
O2 sensors
Crankshaft position sensor
Brake light switch
3 window regulators
a few cracked/missing trim pieces
Oxidized headlights (Fixing soon)
Front sunroof tilts, but doesn't slide back (Any suggestions?)
Low beams don't work, but high beams light all lights (Any suggestions?)
Front door locks don't work and power door lock and unlock doesn't work(Any suggestions?)

Awesome to finally be a part of the rover community!

Old 02-21-2016, 10:54 PM
Winching
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Put the seats back in after taking them out for camping. First try and it worked out perfectly. I'll be doing that again.
Only challenge is getting the carpet out of the way. Ended up accidentally pulling it from under the door sills and had to undo them to get it back in properly (with rusted screws of course).
I think I might just cut a couple holes in the carpet where the bolt is for tool access if I'm going to do that with any regularity.

Old 02-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Birthday Weekend!!

Replaced the front drive shaft & added 5 new tires a few weeks ago! (265/70R18 A/T) Drove to a few beaches over a well deserved three day weekend with the Fam! Popped a few pics of the Rover one afternoon!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?