Engine Swaps This is the place to discuss any and all motor swaps for your Land Rover.

Discovery 2 LS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 06:04 PM
Overlanding
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rackolamb1
Just as an fyi, my 2004 transfer case does not have the temp sensor and thus those 2 connections are not used on my swap either.
Rackolamb1

Thank you for this as I have been searching high and low all over the transfer case and have no point to connect these to. This helps ease my mind a bit as I work to complete the swap.

Rob

Old 10-30-2021, 08:23 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just now saw your post. Is the car still running? Would appreciate an update. Thank you.

Old 10-31-2021, 08:28 AM
Overlanding
Default She's Alive !!!

First start took place yesterday.......starts and runs for just a bit and then dies.
Still need to button up the intake, exhaust and a final wiring connection once I figure it out.
The connection in question is the purple wire from the PSI harness that is to be connected to Brake Signal/TCC Ground signal into PCM.
Not sure which pin this is that the purple wire ties into....any guidance form those ahead of me on where you made this connection would be appreciated.

Attached Files
File Type: mp3
PXL_20211030_174302448.mp3 (188.2 KB, 33 views)
Old 10-31-2021, 05:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 184 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by IamGoose
The connection in question is the purple wire from the PSI harness that is to be connected to Brake Signal/TCC Ground signal into PCM.
Not sure which pin this is that the purple wire ties into....any guidance form those ahead of me on where you made this connection would be appreciated.
The Brake Signal / TCC wire is not used. Congrats on getting it running!

Old 11-01-2021, 11:45 AM
Overlanding

Excellent, wiring is not my in my comfort zone so glad I am now done with that aspect.

One question I now have based on moving onto the exhaust: Which O2 sensor needs to be placed first in the exhaust i.e.:
  1. LS sensor then Disco - or -
  2. Disco sensor and then LS - or -
  3. Does it really matter ???

Old 11-01-2021, 05:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 184 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by IamGoose
Excellent, wiring is not my in my comfort zone so glad I am now done with that aspect.

One question I now have based on moving onto the exhaust: Which O2 sensor needs to be placed first in the exhaust i.e.:
  1. LS sensor then Disco - or -
  2. Disco sensor and then LS - or -
  3. Does it really matter ???
The Discovery sensors should be deleted from the Land Rover harness. Your LS harness (assuming it doesn't have emissions parts) should have 2 LS pre-cat sensors. I'd recommend taking a look at the ACE manual chapter on the engine harness wiring just to get an idea what is on the modified harness / what it looks like, especially if ACE did it for you.

Old 11-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by CaptainAaron
The Discovery sensors should be deleted from the Land Rover harness. Your LS harness (assuming it doesn't have emissions parts) should have 2 LS pre-cat sensors. I'd recommend taking a look at the ACE manual chapter on the engine harness wiring just to get an idea what is on the modified harness / what it looks like, especially if ACE did it for you.
Evening Captain Aaron

Yes, my harness is directly from ACE and it was returned to me with 2 - O2 sensors still wired into the harness. I will read back through the wiring harness information in the manuals and if necessary reach back out to ACE for clarification on the Rover O2 sensor plugs that still remain in my harness.

Rob

Old 11-14-2021, 08:30 PM
2nd Gear

Just ordered my kit - stoked! Is anybody having trouble accessing the docs from the file-share page on the site? I can see them, but the page throws a 404 error when I try to download the PDFs. Tried a bunch of different browsers and such.

Old 11-15-2021, 10:22 AM
8th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cspargo
Just ordered my kit - stoked! Is anybody having trouble accessing the docs from the file-share page on the site? I can see them, but the page throws a 404 error when I try to download the PDFs. Tried a bunch of different browsers and such.
It took a week or so but ACE will give you access to the documents you need in the “owners” section of the site. There are 7-10 PDFs with the process. My advice is to start cleaning and stripping down that LS block, swapping out sensors and seals that need it. That part isn’t covered in the PDFs but will help you get familiar with the LS if you’re not already. When you’re done with that, start ripping that 4.6 out of the Rover. Reach out if you need help.

Old 11-15-2021, 12:16 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Mctaco
It took a week or so but ACE will give you access to the documents you need in the “owners” section of the site. There are 7-10 PDFs with the process. My advice is to start cleaning and stripping down that LS block, swapping out sensors and seals that need it. That part isn’t covered in the PDFs but will help you get familiar with the LS if you’re not already. When you’re done with that, start ripping that 4.6 out of the Rover. Reach out if you need help.
Yep - I can see them, but can't actually download them, as I get a 404 error in the console when I click on them, then the page sort of dies. Was hoping to use the documentation to help SELECT a LS motor, so with my old motor pulled, I'm at a bit of a standstill now. I'm sure it will get worked out.

Quick Reply: Discovery 2 LS Conversion