Engine Swaps This is the place to discuss any and all motor swaps for your Land Rover.

Discovery 2 LS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2021, 09:39 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 604x4BC
Hi Everyone,
It's been a while since I've been able to work on the truck, today was the first time in a long time.
I pretty much have the wiring done, but I've got a couple random plugs left that I did not label, and I am hoping someone may be able to help identify what they are/where they go.

GM evap on the intake, and the LR evap canister.
I dont know if I missed something here but I dont have anything left that would plug into either. My GM harness is new from PSI and It dosnt look like its on there..

this ones odd...coming from what seems like under the battery tray into the headlight...not seeing where to put this.

Last of all, off the GM harness I've got a Reverse Lockout & an Alternator Plug...Both I've taped up, just want to confirm I'm not using those..

If anyone can help, that would save some stress...In the meantime, I'll keep reading..
Thank you!
that last plug looks like a fog light connector

Old 08-05-2021, 05:17 PM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

ahhh Im so Excited!!!
I just finished the wiring, got all the computers connected, hooked up the battery and it felt sooo good to hear the horn going off. Checked a few things inside and everything seems to be in working order.
All I need to do now is a coolant flush, fill all fluids and get her started!
Ill probably have that sorted by the end of next week

Just wanted to share that :P
!!

The following users liked this post:
whowa004 (08-06-2021)
Old 08-12-2021, 05:58 PM
Mudding

I freakin did it boys!

I have a major fuel leak, fuel was just spewing everywhere underneath, and my trans cooler frankenlines are leaking.
She runs, and those issues are so minor compared to the whole project.
I used a compression fitting on my fuel line, I had to sand it to fit and I probably dont have a good seal..

She's off to an exhaust shop now, and they'll fixup my fuel line too.
I'm going to start looking into getting a trans cooler with AN fittings now...

The following 3 users liked this post by 604x4BC:
CaptainAaron (08-14-2021), losinov (08-15-2021), whowa004 (08-13-2021)
Old 08-14-2021, 09:57 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 184 Likes on 117 Posts

I freakin did it boys!

I have a major fuel leak, fuel was just spewing everywhere underneath, and my trans cooler frankenlines are leaking.
She runs, and those issues are so minor compared to the whole project.
I used a compression fitting on my fuel line, I had to sand it to fit and I probably dont have a good seal..

She's off to an exhaust shop now, and they'll fixup my fuel line too.
I'm going to start looking into getting a trans cooler with AN fittings now...
First start is always a good feeling!

Before I did my dual cooler setup, I looked at large single trans coolers. I almost went with this:
Amazon Amazon

Can't speak to the quality of this particular cooler, but my Evil Energy AN fittings have been good quality.

Old 08-15-2021, 05:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats on the first start, 604x4BC!
Why not use the stock trans cooler? The one Captain Aaron linked looks like it's a similar surface area to the stock one.

Wanted to double check some logic here... can someone explain why the Rover MAF is still hooked up in the intake? Do we need to retain it to keep something on the dash functioning? Or will the Rover side not deliver fuel without it? Thanks for the explanation if anyone has it!

Old 08-15-2021, 06:55 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by losinov

Wanted to double check some logic here... can someone explain why the Rover MAF is still hooked up in the intake? Do we need to retain it to keep something on the dash functioning? Or will the Rover side not deliver fuel without it? Thanks for the explanation if anyone has it!
Transmission uses the MAF readings to calculate shift pressure. MAF has to stay in its original housing size also, changing the diameter of the housing would cause the readings to be off.

Old 08-16-2021, 12:12 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by losinov
Congrats on the first start, 604x4BC!
Why not use the stock trans cooler? The one Captain Aaron linked looks like it's a similar surface area to the stock one.
Thanks!
We'll, just for the sake of ease of fix really.
Nobody will have parts on the shelf to fix the original rover lines if anything happens.. AN fittings are everywhere..
Plus my lines are leaking now, and I've already messed up the cooler enough that I should buy a new one either way.
It would be great if anyone knew what the parts or part#s are for the 2 fittings that go from the hose into the transmission though.. Then I could do away with the ugly looking hardline compression fitting setup I have going on the other ends..

Old 08-16-2021, 08:49 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 772 Likes on 508 Posts

if the lines are leaking at the cooler end you can always use these:
Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon

Just takes a little light sanding on the cooler side. On my white disco I have both the trans and oil connectors all replaced with the swagelock fittings and have zero leaks.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:52 AM
Rock Crawling

Thanks!
We'll, just for the sake of ease of fix really.
Nobody will have parts on the shelf to fix the original rover lines if anything happens.. AN fittings are everywhere..
Plus my lines are leaking now, and I've already messed up the cooler enough that I should buy a new one either way.
It would be great if anyone knew what the parts or part#s are for the 2 fittings that go from the hose into the transmission though.. Then I could do away with the ugly looking hardline compression fitting setup I have going on the other ends..
I think Russell ‎648080 was the part number for the fittings that go directly to transmission and are AN.

Old 08-19-2021, 12:00 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by CaptainAaron
I think Russell ‎648080 was the part number for the fittings that go directly to transmission and are AN.
Do you know if those work for sure?
I have been thinking about these but there's this post that's turning me off.. Saying they didn't work..;

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...00/#post707510

Originally Posted by carter2042
The M18x1.5 fitting I ordered from Summit would not work. It was either due to the fact it wasn't full thread, or the metric thread side of the fitting was too long, thus bottoming out on one of the steps for the housing/female/ flare landing. This kept the copper compression washer from sealing on the face of the housing.

Quick Reply: Discovery 2 LS Conversion