Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 10:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 257 Likes on 214 Posts

Went to the JY and got some bits

Then saw my dream car

Name:  7PWSI6v.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  192.9 KB

Old 12-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturnine
Went to the JY and got some bits

Then saw my dream car

skyline is a nice car, my dream car would be the la Ferrari

Old 12-18-2018, 10:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 257 Likes on 214 Posts

Well i mean, ultimate dream car is a 56' Testarosa but dream car that can actually be obtained by me at some point in my life is one of these!

Old 12-18-2018, 10:36 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturnine
Well i mean, ultimate dream car is a 56' Testarosa but dream car that can actually be obtained by me at some point in my life is one of these!
we have a lot of skylines in Washington due to Canada and the relax import rules here.

They are at a a price point that is reasonable

Old 12-19-2018, 07:42 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 119 Likes on 72 Posts

This past weekend was my first full week of ownership. I jumped right in last week and drove it daily for work. I put 300 miles on it. Over the weekend I checked the engine oil and it was a tad low. So I put a splash of oil in it to top it off. Also checked the coolant, same deal, maybe a 1/4 under the min mark. Topped it off for the new week.
Filled up the tank and saw 14 MPG. I’ll take it.

Last weekend I also installed heated seat switches (they work great, been using the function this week) and I fixed the rear console cup holder so my kiddo now has a place to hold her drinks

I also started detailing it out some.

This thing puts a smile on my face for sure....so far...knock wood.

Last edited by Daytoman; 12-19-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 253 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdoeshair
Before I even start, some are going to say I'm stupid or I shouldn't do this or whatever, but just remember, to each their own and I bought my d2 for this reason in mind. So, we had a few inches of rain the other day and I decided to head down to the river and check it out. Well, of course it was up and there was water in the road. I grew up on this river and know it I side and out. I came to a spot where the road dipped down so I decided to see how this thing would do. I haven't really done any upgrades other than my 285/75/16 Wildpeak A/T. I've replaced some things but not upgraded. The water was at the bottom of the door, then half way up the tire, then over the hood for about 5 seconds. I made it to the other side and finally exhaled! But then remembered I had to cross it to get back, luckily, had absolutely zero problems. Truck acted like a champ, during and after, minus just the small amount of water through the doors, just enough to make the carpet by the door wet about 4" inward.

I honestly, expected to be stuck either in the middle or on the wrong side lol. I'm pretty amazed.

Now, last "flood" when crossing mud, I wasn't so lucky. Going one way was fine, so going back should be the same right? No. Not the case. I was going to slow on the way back across and there was a log under the mud that I couldn't see and front tires hit it, and I just stopped. I lost all momentum and was high centered. Well, mybuddy came down in his big John deere 4x4 tractor and that wasn't enough, had to have a second big John deere 4x4 tractor. Once I broke the crust of the mud, I was done for. To my surprise, still absolutely zero problems. I even crawled under the truck the next day and there wasn't any mud under there. I've been real impressed how, other than oil from the engine, nothing sticks to the bottom of this thing. Lol. Here are a few pics of the mud, I'll try to get video of water on YouTube soon.

and the last picture is just for fun, truck, side by side or 4wheeler, it's all about having as much fun as possible.

looks like fun. what river are you on? we have some land in south central MO not too far from the Francis River and Sam A. Baker park.

The following users liked this post:
Richard Gallant (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jastutte
looks like fun. what river are you on? we have some land in south central MO not too far from the Francis River and Sam A. Baker park.
Oh very nice. I'm about 30 minutes from Sam a Baker. I'm on Black River, between Annapolis and Ellington I actually have my house and 17 acres for sale if you know anyone looking for a place around here.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:33 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Changed oil/filter, topped off transfer case, changed rear diff fluid, lubed the driveshafts, fixed rear LH door the handle cable slipped out of place, and installed a second iPhone charger in my Grom unit using my old cord and I am not sure why I didn’t think of that before.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Received 1,147 Likes on 793 Posts

@rcdoeshair maybe no mud on the truck but that handgun looks like about an hours work.

Old 12-19-2018, 04:57 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Gallant
@rcdoeshair maybe no mud on the truck but that handgun looks like about an hours work.
LOL! Yeah, that took more work than I would have liked. That was one of those trips that was just supposed to be "cross the river and ride the trails" then we found some mud and couldn't pass it by

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?